Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we lined up at a light. I had a 5k launch...perfect. Around 50-60 mph i had car and a half on him. By 100 a car. We shut down at 120mph. It was crazy:D

Look on his face was priceless. We got vids of it to.

My mods
downpipe
mbc @ 16

he was stock
5.0 liter v-8 + 302 hp

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have two vids, one from my car , one from the other.

My friend just needs to find someone to host them.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
damn, your car must be pretty quick! When 2 of my friends lined em up (one had a stock 5speed 2000 GT, one had a clk500) the GT took him by 1 length off a line and then the CLK held it all the way to 100 when they shut it down. My friend in the GT was running [email protected] in the 1/4. Im surprised that benz wasnt able to run you down by 100.

·
Registered
283 Posts
a downpipe + boost controller = around 270 crank horse and about a 13.7-13.9 1/4 mile time

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
MidnightFLAT4 said:
a downpipe + boost controller = around 270 crank horse and about a 13.7-13.9 1/4 mile time
really? That fast? My friend has a WRX with helix uppipe, bosal twindump downpipe, MBC at 15.5 in 4th, gutted intake silencer thingy, and catback exhaust of some sort...what do you think he's making in terms of hp? :confused:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That just made my day =).

I havent run at the track yet but the downpipe and mbc made a huge difference.

To tell you the truth i thought i was going to get killed.

Stoplight---
Well i know i am AT LEAST making 260...

So your friend must be pretty close to 285-300 hp. Right?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This was a snapshot from the movie. This is where i hit 100. You can see the clk to the left and the rest of the cars WAYYY behind:wiggles:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Jack said:
That just made my day =).

I havent run at the track yet but the downpipe and mbc made a huge difference.

To tell you the truth i thought i was going to get killed.

Stoplight---
Well i know i am AT LEAST making 260...

So your friend must be pretty close to 285-300 hp. Right?
The GT guy? Nah, he was bone stock at that time. So, 260hp

·
Registered
23 Posts
MidnightFLAT4 said:
a downpipe + boost controller = around 270 crank horse and about a 13.7-13.9 1/4 mile time [/QUOTE

I never like to give 1/4 mile times for mods, becuase it depends so much on the driver so I wont say anything about those estimates, BUT the 270 crank seems a bit high to me. an uppipe/downpipe combo usually net about 25 wheel, where a MBC adds who knows how much. But I do know that a reflash without ANYTHING else down to the car nets around 270 crank. Wouldnt JUST a Downpipe add around 15 crank and the MBC around 15, thus making about 260? I would LOVE it if the setup I have put out 290 crank. The only reason Im not sure about that, is that a stage 2 reflash (with turboback and catless uppipe) is supposed to net around 300 crank.
So I just dont see how an MBC with a turboback vs. a chip with turboback could be so similar
Anyone with more knowledge please respond, as now I am curious:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
the wrx w/ mod has no worry. The CLK500 runs only in the low 14's.

·
Registered
283 Posts
reflashes get their power from increased boost. They also run richer, and most ecu reflashes are utilizing the same psi 15.8 cobb stage II. 14.8 stage I. So fully catless, i think 260-270 crank would be approximately the truth. Cobb claims 285hp crank with TBE and STGII

·
Registered
28 Posts
Let's be realistic now. 270crank from 16psi and a downpipe? You're looking at about 255 probably. 10-15 from the downpipe and 20-25 from the MBC.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Let's be realistic now. 270crank from 16psi and a downpipe? You're looking at about 255 probably. 10-15 from the downpipe and 20-25 from the MBC.
15+25=40

40+227=267

that sounds pretty close to 270 to me:p But you are correct, it is somewhere between 255-270.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will try and find someone to host it:wiggles:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts