Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was on my way home on the backroads, and this said road consists of some twisties and some nice straight stretches, and fields on both sides. I am to turn onto this road, and a Bullitt Mustang goes by and I pull in behind him. At the first straight stretch, he punches it, so its on. I hit second and floor it and I am soon on his arse, then a corner comes up so he thinks he's gonna lose me in the twisties, well, that didnt happen either. I ended up backin off a bit cause his tail was sliding a bit on one of the corners. I stayed with him till the last and longest stretch, and kept it in third, and pulled into the right lane and we where off. All I can say was I was surprised, I kept pullin and pullin, and passed him! His V8 was screamin! I saw him a couple of days later at the local am/pm, 17, parents bought him the stang, he didnt seem like he wanted to talk.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I had the same thing happen one rainy night on the West Side highway. A late model Mustang flew by and exited onto a twisty stretch of road. I was going there too, so I tried to keep up, just to see... I don't think he even knew I was behind him. But then I had to back way off becxause the damn fool went through the turns so quickly, and it was raining, mind you, that his tail end started sliding all over the place.

IMO, 17 y.o.'s in Mustangs are best avoided.:confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bullitts are very heavy....they added a good 150 to 200 lbs while only helping the thing breathe better. They only have enough extra hp to offset the weight and run similar to the GT. As much as I dislike American cars...it is an interesting looking auto and a good idea, but they should have given it an extra 30hp to differentiate it.

A guy who works for me just got a Bullitt (his GT was a lemon...the engine block was never bolted down all the way) and I let him drive the WRX to compare and he was not too happy with the results. He was pretty amazed at what our cars can do....
he has yet to post a sub 14 1/4 with it.

p

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I think with a few mods here and there on the WRX we can totally take the Mustangs. OH yeah... some skills would help too :) I am not a big fan of american cars either but I must admit that I do like the Saleens and the Cobras... I like them but I don't think I would go out and buy one. I ran across a Cobra the other day at the light but it didn't seem like he wanted to play so after he switched lanes I just followed him for a bit, drove by him and complimented his car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Besides the WRX, best bang for the buck for a brand new car, only american cars can compete. Like the Z28 Camaro, and the GT mustang. But I sat in a 2001 GT awhile back...and people complain about the WRX interior!!! holy crap. The radio looks like it was taken out of an early 80's stang, and its still in two peices of you get the cd player. And I rode in a 00 Firebird,and WTF!!! I thought the thing was going to fall apart around me! Any bump or impurity in the road was magnified by the rattles and clanks in the doors and engine compartment, but that thing bucked out for an automatic! My good friend that owns a mustand GT 5.0 always says how fast my car feels to his, and you dont here anything when you get on it!, his car, all you here after 4000 rpm is valves!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The only thing I like about the Bullit edition Mustand is the retro gauges inside. The price would really put me off, for $3k more you can have yourself a Cobra, and those are quick cars (yes in a straight line, pretty quick in the right corners).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts