ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WRX vs Boxster

On my way home from work, a Boxster caught up with me at a red light. He was sitting behind me and when the light turned green I started accelerating. He started moving over to the left lane to pass me. So I floored it. He gained on me for about 2 seconds then I managed to keep him behind me all the way to 90Mph. After which I shutdown.

At the next light he gave me a smile and a nod, and turned right. I think that means he tried real hard to pass me :)

The stock WRX and the Boxster seem to be evenly matched on the raod. I just feel bad for the guy who paid more... ( not me )

Drive safe!

EnderWRX

Edited for Spelling of Boxster and clarifications.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i hope it was a boxter s. if it wasn't you need a tune up! ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hehe.. i need a bigger turbo and a boost controller :)

I think it was just a regular boxter.. i didnt actually check.. i saw a small porcha and assumed... :)

·
5,799 Posts
A Boxter S will smoke a stock WRX on a roll pretty handily.

I had one on my tail recently on US285 and had to work to lose him through a set of 70mph+ uphill sweepers with short straights in between. Given that my car is an estimated 100+ HP over stock, this is no small feat on his part. I was having to drift and squeal my way around the turns to stay with him, and then I'd smartly pull away on the straights, then shut down at 90 or so to let him catch up.

The S is up 25HP and 10lb.-ft, and weighs over 200lbs less than the WRX. It is also 2WD, has a better aero package, and has a 6 speed box. This equates to you getting your a$$ handed to you on anything but a standing start.

A MBC and a few other basic mods should shift this in favor of the WRX though.

-Pace

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Pace,

I'm glad you said, "from a roll" because I handed a Boxster S his ass from a stop light a few months ago. I was on Oxford Valley road when I rolled up behind him. Two pipes, S. Nice!!!

I pulled into the lane next to him and looked over. He saw me look, but acted like I was nothing.

I SMOKED HIM SOOOOO BAD!

By the time I got to 80mph, that little Porsche was eating my dust. He passed me after I slowed down with a confused look on his face.

Regular Boxsters are sluggish compared to the WRX, BTW.

-Jim

·
Registered
139 Posts
thats why i said it better be an S cause the regular ones are sloow....i never said a wrx stock could hang with a boxter s frmo a roll...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yo

I wanna go against a 2002+ Boxster S. ;)

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
My buddy's got a 2002 Boxter, not the S. He wants to take our cars out and run them. His Boxter is pretty fast though. He let me drive it and 1st-3rd gear there is power throughout the powerband. I think I could take it though. We will find out soon. He REALLY wants to drive my car now. I will let him after I beat him in his $50,000 car.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
5,799 Posts
Yeah, a WRX should have the upper hand over a base Boxter, standing, rolling, or in reverse. So long as you keep it under 90mph of course. ;)

As we all smugly aware, the WRX will dust many much better equipped 'performance' cars from a standstill through 3rd gear. However, with the added HP and the associated concerns for some semblance of clutch longevity, the challenge for me now is which cars can I beat on the roll.

Happy kills.

-Pace

·
Registered
314 Posts
Base boxster is not all that fast, but S is fast enough to hand wrx its ass. For some reason, a lot of boxster owners drive automatics.. what is the point? :confused:

·
Registered
139 Posts
jk147 said:
Base boxster is not all that fast, but S is fast enough to hand wrx its ass. For some reason, a lot of boxster owners drive automatics.. what is the point? :confused:
a boxter s will hand a wrx its ass?? how so? maybe a from a roll, butt the 0-60/ 1/4 mile times are very similar.

·
Registered
567 Posts
jk147 said:
Because a lot of Boxter owners are girls...or girlie men

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
I wanna go against a 2002+ Boxster S.
Me too...I think it'd be fun :)

Happy belated birthday btw!

·
Registered
314 Posts
ElectronBlueSi said:

a boxter s will hand a wrx its ass?? how so? maybe a from a roll, butt the 0-60/ 1/4 mile times are very similar.
I was talking about overall performance, such as braking and cornering. :eek:

·
Registered
12 Posts
You guys are dreaming if you think you can beat a boxster S with a stock WRX in ANY race

227 hp 3085 lbs
vs
252 hp 2855 lbs

For those that did the boxster owner SUCKED at driving.

Also you may beat a stock boxster in a straight line for a while but that's about it, the handling of a boxster isn't evne the same league with a wrx.

Pleasant dreams.

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
brh986 said:
You guys are dreaming if you think you can beat a boxster S with a stock WRX in ANY race

227 hp 3085 lbs
vs
252 hp 2855 lbs

For those that did the boxster owner SUCKED at driving.

Also you may beat a stock boxster in a straight line for a while but that's about it, the handling of a boxster isn't evne the same league with a wrx.

Pleasant dreams.
Welcome to our board :) Porsche Boxsters are great cars...however...I don't think anyone in this thread said that a stock WRX could beat a stock Boxster S...you're right, we would be dreaming! And, I wouldn't say any race...the Boxster S is a great car but I don't even think Tommi Makinen driving a Boxster S in a rally could beat a WRX. Snow? Mud? Gravel? Sorry, but I just gotta lay some smackdown on any race.

Btw I think Ender's the only one on this thread who's still stock :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Verdugo said:

Welcome to our board :) Porsche Boxsters are great cars...however...I don't think anyone in this thread said that a stock WRX could beat a stock Boxster S...you're right, we would be dreaming! And, I wouldn't say any race...the Boxster S is a great car but I don't even think Tommi Makinen driving a Boxster S in a rally could beat a WRX. Snow? Mud? Gravel? Sorry, but I just gotta lay some smackdown on any race.

Btw I think Ender's the only one on this thread who's still stock :)
Touche, I didn't even think of that. What I meant is, from a roll, through the turns, from a standstill. I kept seeing "well yea a boxster s from a roll." And yes I recognize a wrx is cheaper to mod and probably a chip is all it would take to have your WRX's kicking every boxsters ass big time in ANY straight line race.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The point really was:

If he had a close race with a regular slow ass boxter and it was close, then he need to get a tune up!

:mad:

-Joe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts