Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's my little story.

9th December. 7.10pm. Leaving Maplewood Mall, Minnesota.

This VERY impatient Audi TT nips up behind me at the lights. The lights go green and I delay LITERALLY half a second before moving and he honks me. I'm like 'wtf!?' I don't zoom off but accelerate casually.

I'm about to turn off on to WEST on 36 to get back to Roseville and the TT follows me. Now, for anyone who knows the area I speak off, that merge ramp is WIDE. Said TT owner decides he wants to overtake me on the merge ramp. WRX owner (me) decides this is not going to happen. I sit directly in the middle of the merge ramp so he can't pass, and accelerate casually. TT owner gets VERY pissed and honks me again.

WRX owner decides he's had enough and drops it into second and floors it. A crisp gear chance and 100mph comes up fast. I let off the accelerator and check my rear-view. TT is about 2 states behind. :D

The traffic lights on the highway turn red a little further up, and I
slow to a stop. TT owner (2 hours later) pulls up along side me and it was a WOMAN! She has this look of what can only be ASTONISHMENT on her face. I loved EVERY moment of that look. It's a look that will be emblazoned in my memory for all time. To top it all off, I gestured to her 'after you.'

The light turned green, and she zoomed off into the distance. I purposefully took my time, and that was the last I saw of her.

We belong to a secret club you know. There's no doubt about it. I'm enjoying every moment of it. ;)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
WilliamG said:
The traffic lights on the highway turn red a little further up, and I slow to a stop. TT owner (2 hours later) pulls up along side me...
Wow, talk about a long light! I'd probably run it. I mean, who has time to sit for 2 hours at a light?!?! :p

Nice kill, and kudos for letting her go ahead of you like a true gentleman....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
WilliamG said:
We belong to a secret club you know. There's no doubt about it. I'm enjoying every moment of it. ;)
Yup!! I love it when Dodge trucks driven by the ******** around here try to play w/me because they think wagons are slow... ;) :D

-snowcat

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very entertaining story, thanks! Oh, and way to show that TT who the boss is. The WRX is a nice sleeper.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice story. It would've been even funnier had you looked over at her at the light and revved. Then you point to the traffic light ahead and grin.

Dumb biatch! LOL ;)

- boosted 4

·
Registered
46 Posts
WilliamG said:

You couldn't have said it better. Now I just have to get my arse off the fence and get me one (but for some thilly reason, am looking at the A4 1.8t again tomorrow).

T.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I hate to sound like a *******, but I can't stand the women (usually them, but also men) who look at a car they know nothing about and assume that their trendy "sporty-looking" car is superior in speed to car-x (in this case our WRXs). They have two doors and a couple of pony emblems, or maybe a soft top that goes up and down and think they are quicker than some guy in 4 door Subaru. I take every opportunity to teach these poseurs. Especially those driving the "high dollar" luxury coupes like missy's TT.

Good job.

AJ

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, don't know what it is w/ some of the bimmer, TT, & IS300 guys that really stokes my coals. Was coming up a toll road the other day on the way home and was watching this twit (actually two as the guy had another guy w/ him) zip in an and out of the cars in a TT 'vert (pretty excessively). Worse part was he was driving the 180hp model and he was wringing it out for everything it had.

T.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Re: Re: WRX vs Audi TT (an amusing story)

Tuco said:

You couldn't have said it better. Now I just have to get my arse off the fence and get me one (but for some thilly reason, am looking at the A4 1.8t again tomorrow).

T.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING????
sorry for the caps, but PLEASE explain??
DML

·
Registered
46 Posts
hehehe, what can I say DML...am just lost. Seriously though, a loaded 1.8t is VERY nice car but we're really comparing apples & oranges. The A4 w/ sport suspension and premium package is really a luxury tourer. It's decently quick but not a racer. Handles (IMHO) exceptionally for its size. Also was looking @ the Avant which is a pretty cool looking (read unique) ride. But I'm still being drawn to the dark side (or is that 15psi, horizontally opposed, AWD side?). What keeps me coming back are all of the great driver stories on this board which kind of helps me get around the corky exterior design and lack of dealerships.

T.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts