Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i raced this yellow brand new(2001) i guess, it was the anniversary car. he was a 6 speed and we rolled up to a stopsign and he said "you wanna run that little thing" i said yeh, i guess. he says, "you got nitrous on that thing?" i say no, he says..."you're gonna need!" i said oh ok? we rolled off the stopsign and he kicked it in 1st gear first and then i followed suit and when the turbo spooled i had 1 car length and i shifted and pulled instantly 3 more car lengths. he let out and wouldn't talk to me anymore. i want to see him again and ask him what happened.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice Kill!

How do you like that 20 G turbo sounds like a beast

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is not a 97 30th aniv one, by the sound of it, it was the Special Edition last year model, LS1 ram air. They only came in yellow with black int. I believe they were rated at 335 or so HP, only so many were made, Datona 500 pace car even. And they were sold for right around $50,000:eek:
Nice kill:D

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just love hearing these storys of LS1 Kills. Keep them coming.
For a long time LS1s have basically assumed they can beat anything on the road - modded or stock.

One day back in November a guy at the track in an LS1 Z28 SS started trash talking to his buddies about my WRX. I was parked right next to him in the staging lanes . With me sitting right there - listening, he said "guys go out and put mods on them and they think their fast but they are really slow". I just sat in my car and didn't say a thing.

I ended up running 12.7 to his 13.6 in the 1/4 mile. I shut him up fast. When he parked his SS, he just stood around his mighty SS with his buddies staring over at me - wondering what just happened.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'm sorry it was a 35th anniversary.... http://tachrev.com/Web_Pages/4th_Gen_TA.html the "Firebirds' Final Flight" - 2002 collector's edition.
i ran a 8.3 @84 mph with a slipping clutch and a untouched stage 4 utec map. my car left the lights sideways...it was dope
:eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am in shelby, nc

·
Registered
225 Posts
Damn nice kill man!! :D I just love to read stories about V8 guys eating their words!!:cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
Nice kill.

But if the car was a WS6 30th aniv edition, it would be a 1997, since the first firebird rolled off the assembly line in 1967.
it was a 2002 if it was yellow with black stripes/rims...special addition..nothing special about it other than an ugly paintjob...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Blue02wrx said:
i am in shelby, nc
Hey, what's up man. I'm the guy in Charlotte that's got the blue WRX with modded stock turbo (gold wheels, BPM exhaust, slightly lowered). Anyhow, sweet putting Mr. WS6 in his place. Some folks just don't get it.

Next time you're in Charlotte we should get together and run our cars. I'm interested to see how mine wil do.

Later,

Todd

1 - 20 of 25 Posts