Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone hows it goin? I just got a 2003 Jetta 1.8T 5spd( I wanted to get a WRX but couldnt afford it so decided to go with the Jetta instead) I was just curious how the two cars compared against eachother. I have purchased an Inake, APR chip, and APR downpipe for my car but have not yet installed them. (car only has 600 miles on it right now) I was just curious how the cars would match up in lets say a 0-100mph street race and a 50-110mph street race. I know the WRX is probably quite a bit faster (which is why I wanted one in the first place) but wanted to know if any of you WRX owners had actually raced a jetta while you were stock or with mods agains a stock jetta or a jetta with the mods that I listed above. Thanks, keep tuning your WRX's they are very sweet!!!!! I hope I came accross as being respectful not trying to start a wrx is better than jetta or vise versa post. Take Care

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think Jetta's are damned cool. When I bought my WRX it was one of my choices. But it just felt like it wanted to tip over in quick turns. And well, a WRX is fun to drive. As far as speed in 0 to 100 or anything I dunno. I am guessing a stock WRX is faster then a Stock Jetta. But we all know modded VW's can get very fast

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the response! Yeah I know stock vs stock the WRX is probably quite a bit faster, not sure how it would be with the mods that I mentioned. Just lookin to see if some people here with WRX's have had this head to head comparison before. Take Care

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Jettas are really sweet IMHO! I drove one a few months back when my girlfriend was looking for a new car and really liked it alot. The interior quality was awesome and it seemed pretty quick. I wanted her to buy it (so I could drive it sometimes... lol) but she ended up buying a Mustang GT instead... what color did you get by the way? :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
1.8t

1.8t go for it they have a lot of potential with the rigth mod they are potent.they put down to the wheel 171 hp that crazy.

00 gti 1.8t
apr chip
down pipe
cat back x
intercooler set
203 hp to the wheel
13.9 103.4:eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2003WRX, I decided to be different from everyone else and stay away from black and that blue/purpleish color. I love black cars but I decided to go with the Alaska Green color. I think it looks nice, sometimes it looks grey, sometimes it looks green, I like it.:D Thanks for the replies. Take Care

1 - 6 of 6 Posts