ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, after snowboarding, I had a Chevy diesel pull up next to me at a light. It was lifted and had some good looking tires on it. I gave it some go juice off the line just to let him see how fast WRX's actually are.

Well his Chevy had some go juice of its own and it beet me off the line. It then proceeded to make a mockery out of my full throttle attempt to match his acceleration. My car was no match for this truck. I let off and admitted defeat. It made me smile actually. It was quite a spectacle to see that with just a little bit of turbo love a truck can be transformed into monster like that.

I guess it says something about Utah too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Didn't you just get your car back after an incident involving racing some old lady up the mountain for first tracks? Ha ha just kidding... Tell me you atleast got new tires...

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
26,340 Posts
I've seen some of those trucks run 12s at the track.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't you just get your car back after an incident involving racing some old lady up the mountain for first tracks? Ha ha just kidding... Tell me you atleast got new tires...
I got new tires and they are the hottness.... For going slow of course. :thumbup:

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Diesels start with locomotive torque. There are EM devices that make them very quick for 5k - 6k pound truck. The 5.9L Cummins turbo diesel can be a beast.

·
Registered
448 Posts
a good friend of mine has an 05 cummins turbo diesel. has ethanol injection, fast fuel system, super bee turbo, EM, catless duals, blew his tranny so put some sort of racing tranny in... it is a very very powerful truck.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yeah - there's really only two levels of turbo diesel mods. The first bunch has an intake and tune of some sort, and maybe a full 4 or 5 inch exhaust. That's quick as it is, putting a 7k+ lb truck into the 13s.

The others have gone for the Full Monty. They've got propane/meth injection, a huge turbo, built tranny, and are loaded for bear. Those are the real barn burners.

I couldn't justify the expense of a turbo diesel for what I do so I had to make do with just a Hemi. It's got a nice mod path too but it's twice as hard when you own two money pits!

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
Diesels start with locomotive torque. There are EM devices that make them very quick for 5k - 7400 pound truck. The 5.9L Cummins turbo diesel can be a beast.
Fixed. ;)

My buddys 06 Cummins 5.9l rolled over the scales at 7400 lbs. (quad cab 4x4)

·
Registered
594 Posts
all ya need is a chevy duramax with a chip to beat a wrx.

my dad has owned two and its hella fast up to around 70 then it lets off.but then again our cars arent top end. but it is no match for the sti.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ive got several friends with deisels 2 with cummins with intake exhaust and boost controller both are hella fast and will keep up with a stock wrx, and one with a powerstroke intake exhaust and a chip it's not as fast but will still walk most stock cars

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree the Cummins is an awesome engine. Both of my vehicles (see Sig) are bone stock, but plenty powerful for me. I drive over them Alleghenies and the Cummins never drops out of overdrive unless I am at a stoplight. I only need to apply a little more pedal when on the hills to maintain the speed. I have not had the WRX up there yet, but from what I can tell, it will not be bothered either.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i raced one before from a 25 roll and it kept side by side with me till 3rd then i got away.. im from oklahoma so thats what i mostly see around here haha they are very quick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts