ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I ran a modded GSX 2g, he had intake, full exhaust, BOV, some suspension mods, and an intake manifold. He got me on the launch due to me bogging like a mofo :mad: but then i pulled on him about to 100 ending at about 3 car lenghts. Decent race I thought, I aws surprised how well I pulled up top on the DSM.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Very nice and curious to what stage of modifications you are at now? My friends / friend has a gsx and that is all he talks about is how fast it is. Good kill :)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I know I am going to catch the usual "but I know someone who..." statements but around here the stock turbo GS-X's are pigs...they seem to be just a step behind WRX's in terms of bolt on power. My friend has a GS-T with hard intercooler piping, turbo back, mbc, intake, ported o2 sensor against my (well at the time) Stage 2 WRX and I walked him from a roll.

It seems the only ones that are dangerously quick are running a 16G or better...but I am fully aware that there are fully worked stock turbo ones out there in the 12's, theres exceptions to every rule, just wish here there were competitive DSMs. I think we have three real-deal ones, one has posted 11 second timeslips and one ran a 12.2 on pump gas...the rest are 14 second cars :(

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just curious I've only launched my baby 4 times and just now hit 8,000 miles. And have never had the chance since I've installed the Up, TBE, and the AP STG 2. What exactly causes the car to bog, out of the 4 launches i've bogged twice and then 2 times i've been thrown back in my seat for an awesome experience. Any tips as to how I can never bog again? :p

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bogged like a mofo due to the race flagger. He gave me the eye so I began to rev and as soon as i started to rev he droppd his arms and the GSX rips off the line. I launched a ohhh......3700 rpm. It was NICE. I raced him with my very untuned UTEC StageII(still running .9bar, richer than shizah till i get my EGT gauge put in tomorrow), up, dp, catback, GFB BOV. His list of mods pretty much swamped over mine is what I hear from the crowd. He was running stock turbo with 14psi is what he says so he upped it 2lbs I believe. I was happy I reeled him in that far cause he launched very hard on me, stupid flagger, i wanted to kill him!! :mad: :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts