Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been tryin to reasurch which brand of turbo back exhaust is the best as far as powergains (i care about sound but that is secondary to actual performace). I have come up with Cobb/APS, BMP, MRT, and M2. Which of these is the best for performance? I am not too concerned about the cost, as long as it is under 13 or 14 hundred bucks. Are there any other kits that are better than the ones i have listed? which one is the best of the kits i have listed? thanks MADMAX

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I'm thinking about getting the catback system from Blitz when that comes out, it should be around $700 or so and I'm guessing that system will be pretty good becuase their muffler already kicks ass. I think with the leftover $600-700 you can play wtih your suspension because when you take sharp turns at 40-50mph tahts' when you get your money's worth :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
MRT!

I have been doing some research on this and have lots of experiance when it comes to exhaust and what works and what doesn't. The MRT is right there.:cool: All function. Best material and craftsman ship. All tig welded stainless steel. I have mine ordered with no cat's but the system with the one cat in the down pipe is very nice too. Why you would want the one cat I don't really know. It will keep the check engine light off and reduce emmisions a little bit. Anyway, its a great system and sounds cool too, I would consider it.:D

·
1,911 Posts
i will be producing a JDM spec downpipe so pretty soon you'll be able to piece together your "turbo back" as they call it, and get any Japanese exhaust you wish. Not to mention my downpipe has no CE light issues like many of the ones mentioned and is cat free.

·
Registered
186 Posts
ya GOD, give us more details on the downpipe

and does anyone know more about the blitz exhaust? how big, what does it include, when's it coming out?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I, like Shaun, also want to know how to make the check engine light not come on if i get a turbo back w/out a cat on it. the CE light would drive me nuts, so if it is not possiable to make it go off (without just mearly disconecting the light) on a cat-less syetem i will get one with a cat.

·
1,911 Posts
I have a design I came up with years ago. I have been using it for hondas for over a year now and it works perfectly. I am the only one with the design as far as I know. I'd like to patent it but don't want to attract attention to my little operation since it is not legal for street use. Blitz exhaust is 80mm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its not Rocket Science.

When it comes to turbo cars, exhaust is easy. Mo flow, Mo betta!
Its all about craftsman ship and material used.
As far as getting a cat-less system not to set off the CE light, well the only way would be to trick the o2 censor into getting the proper reading. How this would be done is byond me and I have been doing this for a loooong time.:p
Let's all keep this in mind. Whether you go with a system with 1 cat or NO cats, they are both illeagal. The only leagal way is a cat back or a system that has two cats in the same locations as stock.:mad: Anyway.........No Cat's for me:eek: I like dogs:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
ScobySport

Turbo back with vishnu up-pipe just cant beat it.........sound fitment and performance........................

Sev

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sev where did you buy your scoby sport? and is it a turbo back or just a cat?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a BLITZ NUR SPEC exhust for sale.
This is the JDM verison - modified to fit the USDM WRX. My car was used to test fit this exhust.

Perfect condition. Used for less then 1 hr.
80mm CAT BACK...

$500 shipped. This is a great price...considering list is $798.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts