ClubWRX Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok heres some info for you

02-03 uses a smaller 3rd and 2nd gear

late 03 and 05 got a upgraded 3rd gear

02-05 transmissions especially the wrx trannies all mate wiht no issues the only diff is the 02-early 04 has axle stubs coming out of the transmission
late 04 and up doesnt and you need male axles

now all of the transmission will mate with your block. rs rs sport wrx and sti will all mate doesnt matter if its a 2.5 or 2.0 the bell housing is the same.. thats why you can swap a sti tranmission into a 02 wrx from any year.

you can do a ppg gear but expect to pay a crap ton of money. you can do a 06-7sti transmission swap which is cheaper and the rear diff doesnt need to be changed but you need a automatic driveshaft and the axle stubs

there are alot of tutorials just pm me for info..

also i have done all of the above swaps on diff wrxs and have done alot of research on swaps

02-05 transmissions especially the wrx trannies all mate wiht no issues the only diff is the 02-early 04 has axle stubs coming out of the transmission

now all of the transmission will mate with your block. rs rs sport wrx and sti will all mate doesnt matter if its a 2.5 or 2.0 the bell housing is the same.. thats why you can swap a sti tranmission into a 02 wrx from any year.

you can do a ppg gear but expect to pay a crap ton of money. you can do a 06-7sti transmission swap which is cheaper and the rear diff doesnt need to be changed but you need a automatic driveshaft and the axle stubs

also i have done all of the above swaps on diff wrxs and have done alot of research on swaps
I just picked up a 2006 wrx transmission with LGT gears, rear diff to match, axles, clutch, but it has the push style going towards the fire wall where as my oem 2004 wrx has the pull style. With all the parts I think it’s a direst swap over either way, just use the clutch from the 2006. Is there anything I should be aware of? Will my 2004 wrx oem drive shaft work for the new 2006 wrx transmission and diff.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can a 2010 STI swap go into a 2002 bugeye WRX

·
Registered
Subaru limited crew
1 Posts

Hey man I'm dealing with this swop and its a 02 rs with a 2010 wrx trans iner spline is 25 outer is 27 but most factory outer spline length aren't long enough??

21 - 25 of 25 Posts