ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE TINTED OUT THEIR TAIL LIGHTS ON THEIR 2011 WRX HATCH???

I have 2011 WRX Hatchback and I recently bought a tail light tint kit from Rvinyl so I could darken them up (instead of spraying nightshade on). But I put the tint kit on the other day and it did not fit over the outermost half of the tail lights. It has like 2 contours where the lens is raised out and the tint could not fit over it properly and it just came out like shgit with folds and wrinkles. Anyone done their tails before and know how I can get it done right?

ideas...suggestions...

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
I hate tinted taillights but honestly, I like the tint better than the OEM..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Body shop, tinted clear coat.
Brake lights in daylight

Tail lights in daylight

No lights

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do like the red but not on silver a wrx. I think dark smoke looks good on the silver to offset the paint job a little bit. but the red inserts look better on the darker wrx and sti's

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually prefer the look of the spray tint (when done professionally) but my only concern is if I ever came across a situation where I had to remove the tint from my taillights. Can you safely remove that after they spray it, and i mean remove it without ruining the taillight. Id hate to have to buy a set of new tails just because I wanted them tinted u know??

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I want to get mine red too... did you go to a shop or diy?
All DIY and not terribly difficult. Stained glass red paint from Michael's art supply and a clear top coat. 2 coats of red and a few coats of clear.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm curious how the wraps have held up over time. I went the paint (tinted clear coat) route and it still looks like it did day 1.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts