ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here is whats happening. So I bought a 1996 legacy otuback and swapped WRX EVERYTHING into it. engine, tranny, front and rear subframes, suspension, fuel tank EVERYTHING. The stuff I swapped in was from a 03 WRX wagon, and the harness I am using in it is from an 02 wrx sedan. It has gone together beautifully, one bg problem though... my 02 harness doesn't connect to the 03 WRX fuel tank wiring for the fuel pump and stuff. Anyone know if there is a difference? or if I may be missing somethin? or have pictures of their 02 or 03 WRX fuel pump connectors under the seat? I've searched for HOURS and found nothing helpful... Please help, I need to get this figured out! Thanks in advance.
-Nate

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
Do you still have or have access to the 03 donor? .. or the 02? .. I'm thinkin either swap the connectors over (given that the harness is even remotely the same) or swap the bits out of the 02 fuel tank into the 03 tank (given that the tank..is also same)

If not, I'd hunt down some wiring diagrams for both and figure out what goes to where color wise, then get to a dealer and get the proper oem connectors to change over.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have either donor cars anymore. My biggest problem is trying to find out if the plug that's around my fuel pump stuff is even the right plug or I am missing something. All other pieces of the harness go together perfect. Does anyone have or can anyone get me a picture of their 02 WRX fuel pump connector so I can see if it's the same or I'm missing something? I've searched for pictures, wiring diagrams, pinouts, etc. and can't find anything definitive.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i am also facing this problem except with mine, i have an 04 rs and im swapping in 02wrx parts. .....turns out you can buy the fuel tank harness on subaru parts.com for about 70$
ithe part number is 81802FA131

I did that and now that i have my tank out im finding the parts are different from the 04 rs tank to the wrx's tank ....every thing plugs in except for one of the sensors in the middle of the tank

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha i actually ended up doing the same thing, i ordered a 02 wiring pump harnes from an online vendor for $38. it should be in this week. if it works then the only thing else i need is a driveshaft. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i may have to buy an 02 fuel tank now =( ....does your 02 tank have 2 plugs at the center of the tank or one?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well long story, but i have 03 everything swapped into a 96 legacy. but then my harness got messed up so i bought an 02 harness to drop in because i thought they were the same then found out the fuel pump stuff is different... now i bought the 02 harness and have to drop my tank to see if the 02 wiring will go on the 03 tank. if not then i will probably have to buy an 02 tank and internals and perhaps an 02 ecu :( or very worst case a full new 03 harness to fit everything i have now. but the wife wont let me spend much more money on a project thats not even running... so in that case i may just end up selling/ parting out the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts