·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
735 Posts
For your misinformation...

According to Rallispec (not an Altima forum), WRXs use both Mitsubishi and IHI turbos. According to FP, the USDM WRX uses a Mitsubishi TD04.

Find me a picture of a VF20 and a VF22. If you'd like to keep getting your WRX information from a forum where very few people own a WRX

And "Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries" does not read like "Mitsubishi" and is not a part of Mitsubishi.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Re: For your misinformation...

AREITU said:
Find me a picture of a VF20 and a VF22. If you'd like to keep getting your WRX information from a forum where very few people own a WRX
I'm pretty sure he was being facetious about getting his info from those forums; hence, the ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Fahd, I was being sarcastic. :)

I've been browsing the WRX forums for over a year. The wealth of information on this site and the willingness of the members to answer even the most far out noob questions were instrumental in my decision to purchase my wagon.

The reason I posted that link was I because I was taken aback by the conviction of these people confidently spreading misinformation about our car.

Here are some more gems

...maybe the wrx's dont have a lot of top end power is b/c rallies have a speed limit of 100 mph and since wrx's are "rally inspired" they arent designed to go that fast???

Honestly the average middle aged wrx driver will never push the car to the extreme very often if ever for that matter.

I test drove a WRX and was unimpressed...and it drove it pretty damn hard too. - This from a site whose fastest car runs 13.6

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
palaban said:
Thanks Fahd, I was being sarcastic. :)

I've been browsing the WRX forums for over a year. The wealth of information on this site and the willingness of the members to answer even the most far out noob questions were instrumental in my decision to purchase my wagon.

The reason I posted that link was I because I was taken aback by the conviction of these people confidently spreading misinformation about our car.

Here are some more gems
There sure are many ignorant people in this world. I'm glad we don't run into to many of them on here :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
Oh...worry if I seemed snobbish. It's my kneejerk reaction from my Honda days.

If you want to see my take on WRX owners, my thread "Why I love WRX people" should still be floating around somewhere! (Shameless plugging!)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
AREITU said:
Oh...worry if I seemed snobbish. It's my kneejerk reaction from my Honda days.

If you want to see my take on WRX owners, my thread "Why I love WRX people" should still be floating around somewhere! (Shameless plugging!)
It's all good...just miscommunication :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts