Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the STi is here as i said b4 in an earlier forum. go pick up the july 2002 issue of sport compact car for details. they ran it against the evo 7 which is also coming. go get the mag tho. the STi has new goodies and gadgets on it . and check out the fog light covers for the stock STi. no more mesh hehe.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
djtic003 said:
the STi is here as i said b4 in an earlier forum. go pick up the july 2002 issue of sport compact car for details. they ran it against the evo 7 which is also coming. go get the mag tho. the STi has new goodies and gadgets on it . and check out the fog light covers for the stock STi. no more mesh hehe.
Um its not here ... yet. It won't be out until spring 2003, so they say. And they did not run the STI against the EVO 7, it was just a WRX with mods that they ran against the EVO 7. And the STI they reviewed was the UK Spec, no one knows what they US Spec will be, but my guess is pretty similar. I don't think we will get the Japanese Spec.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
djtic003 said:
FYI, they've been doing STi and EVO comparisons since the March issue.

dR

·
Registered
649 Posts
Automobile mag did one too. compared a 280 hp EVO 7 to a 250 hp "watered down" STI. Of course they liked the EVO better. Do you think we'll actually get the japanese monsters from either manufacturer? Probably not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Nexus6 said:
To clarify, THE STi IS NOT HERE IN AMERICA. Neither is the EVOVII. The test in the sport compact car mag is the U.S. wrx vs. the euro EVO7.
No wonder they liked the EVO. Duh!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
i've read that the EVO VII is not even coming to the US... they are going to release an EVO VIII (that's 8) worldwide and to include the US. also, my dealer is saying more like 2004 for the STi... he says that they are going to gauge based on the EVO appeal.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
djtic003 said:
ok so basically my info is flawed. sorry about that ppls. but that's how u find out th truth so thanks for showing me what yall know.
Looks like you'll have to follow your first post and pick up that issue.

(yes I have that issue.....part of my reading materials in the can)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts