ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a fun shoot I did this past weekend featuring a WRX STI, S4 and A4 in the dirt shot using my aerial videography heli carrying a Canon T2i shooting in 1080 HD at 30fps and a GoPro mounted at various locations on the STI:

Also since this is my first post on this forum I'll briefly introduce myself! I am the owner of Aerial Vantage Productions (Aerial Vantage Productions) which specializes in low altitude aerial videography and photography with the use of radio control aircraft. I am also passionate about cars and although I don't own a WRX myself I certainly wish I did after working with the one featured in this video! The 2nd car in these shots is my 2003 Audi A4 (1.8T manual.) The car is basically stock besides the cylinder head as I just finished replacing the original head with a large port rebuilt head after having the timing belt fail prematurely and bending 12 of my 20 valves on the existing head :eek: Anyway I hope you guys enjoy the video!

Dan

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
This was great! Thank you for sharing. Sending this link off to my wife and buddy now.

Nobody will fault you (much) for not owning the Suby though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks everyone! Perhaps a nice shot of the STI and heli working together along with a few photos of the heli will make up for my not owning a Subaru :tongue: I should have more aerial footage of some WRX and WRX STIs soon, I'll be sure to share the videos on this forum!

398223_288619247880202_133660810042714_659755_109175466_n.jpg

550061_282595235149270_133660810042714_641247_2096380692_n.jpg

UA 757_HDR Toned.jpg

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Very cool. Are you using some sort of fisheye lens?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Really awesome vid man! Good work.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
For this shoot I used a Rokinon fisheye lens, however most of my videos are shot using the 18-55mm kit lens.
Gotcha, I think it looked cool with the fisheye for the most part, the horizon distortion was a little weird at points, maybe had to do with elevation change? I'd have to watch again.

Ps. I don't mean this in a bad way, just an observation. I think the video is sweet!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gotcha, I think it looked cool with the fisheye for the most part, the horizon distortion was a little weird at points, maybe had to do with elevation change? I'd have to watch again.

Ps. I don't mean this in a bad way, just an observation. I think the video is sweet!
Yeah I did get some strange horizon distortion with certain camera movements (seemed to occur when panning from the ground up or vice versa.) I'm still getting used to flying with this lens on the heli, this was only my second time using the fish eye and I now have a better idea of how to best work with it. Thanks for the positive feedback!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts