Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Not sure if this is a good place to post this and sorry in advanced if it's not.

Anyways, I have wanted a WRX STi for a very long time now.. since I was a young teen. Looks like now I have the opportunity to hop into one soon. Now I just need some help/direction from the WRX Experts!

So, I have decided I would like get a hatchback! I'm looking into the 08-14 models. I just need help decided between the WRX and the WRX STi! Which one is better? What's more worth it? What should I look out for? And lastly and probably the most important, where can I find a good one!? I'm located in SoCal so if anyone knows where I can find some for sale, please let me know! I'm willing to travel a bit if it's worth it!

Thanks all for your opinions in advance!

·
Super Moderator
10,919 Posts
Hello All,

Not sure if this is a good place to post this and sorry in advanced if it's not.

Anyways, I have wanted a WRX STi for a very long time now.. since I was a young teen. Looks like now I have the opportunity to hop into one soon. Now I just need some help/direction from the WRX Experts!

So, I have decided I would like get a hatchback! I'm looking into the 08-14 models. I just need help decided between the WRX and the WRX STi! Which one is better? What's more worth it? What should I look out for? And lastly and probably the most important, where can I find a good one!? I'm located in SoCal so if anyone knows where I can find some for sale, please let me know! I'm willing to travel a bit if it's worth it!

Thanks all for your opinions in advance!
They are for sale everywhere. Craigslist, dealerships, autotrader, carmax, Ebay, Facebook.

There really isn't a better. My next one will be the STI but only because I plan on being stupid and I want the 6 speed.

Avoid anything modified and lacking a maintenance history. Try and find one owner vehicles that are not owned by a 19 year old.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
You sound like me. I’ve wanted one of these cars for a while and have wanted a sti since the day their tires touched our soil. I was 18 at the time. Fast forward to a few weeks ago i bought myself a sti. I knew deep down it’s what i wanted and i knew if i got a wrx at some point i would have been disappointed and probably have traded up.
“Do it right or do it twice”.

Its hard to tell someone 1 car is “better” than the other. Everyone has a different situation. And 1 may fit into your life better than another.

Final words: Go with your gut. Happy shopping. Be careful out there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
For the hatchback I would go with the STI. Not because of the 6speed or more power or even better overall performance, but because of resale. Since they were discontinued, the Hatchback STI has held value better than any other subaru I was searching for. I'd also do what XJMan suggested and try to find something that doesn't have evidence of modifications and (if from a dealer) check the maintenance history on carfax to make sure it was consistent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts