Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
From www.richmondsubaru.com:

The release of the WRX Special Edition Spec R1 will satisfy those searching for a custom look from a factory car. The Spec R1 comes with MOMO designed accent pieces. 17-inch BBS wheels, and Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions tires. The Subaru Anti-Theft System is also part of the package. Each Spec R1 will carry a unique serial number representing the limited availability of this vehicle. All WRXs are now outfitted with an illuminated ignition key ring.

So it seems to me that it is a dealer visually modified car. It doesn't say anything about performance modifications, so I am led to believe that there are none.

·
Registered
258 Posts
They are only offered new in Canada, go look in the general forums where this should have been posted in the first place :p and there are a few active topics on the car.

Ike

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I am enjoying the use of my illuminated key ring, I cant imagien life without it:rolleyes: :p

As for power, it says the spec r1 has 300 HP, 2.5L.......its an 04 STi in 03, 02 trim.....

·
Registered
258 Posts
No, the ebay add has a few things incorrect. It's basicly the same as the regular WRX with a few interior and exteriors add-ons.

Ike

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can't look at those taillamps without wanting to throw-up.
Christ, they're nasty...like some crazy alien spider thing.
Blaaaaarghh!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So are you saying that the engine is the same as a stock 02 WRX?

not a 2.5?

I was just wondering what the difference was on the car itself.

It looks like they did nothing to the engine, just dressed the car up.

yet the dealer says it is 300 hp....how can that be?

and I believe the tails are the matching set for the front morettes...yes sadly I think morette made those tails....yuk!

·
Registered
164 Posts
ive seen those taillights on someones car from another forum!!
well I think that that yellow leather looks pretty cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts