ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have an 04 wrx, but i got the service manual for the 04 STi by accident, off ebay, how much is different and does any one wanna trade?

ps. only the engine section is STi only, everything else is the same

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I would say it's pretty much the same. The real difference in the engines is .5 liter. And of course other power parts, but Other than that I believe they are built exactly the same way. I could be wrong. Anyone have some info?

·
Registered
21 Posts
the sti is different in so many ways suspension, engine, brakes, and trans but if you want to fix your power door lock it will be the same

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the manual is for everything, rs, ts, wrx, sti, but in the engine section, it only has the sti literature, but i probably won't be changine a crank position sensor any time soon anyway.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is an awesome link! Thanks Ken, whoever you are, for posting the manuals. I have downloaded them all and have been absorbed reading them for the last 2 hours! They are well-written in plain English and have gobs of neato info in them.

Examples:

I had no idea that the WRX motor has an engine oil cooler. Above where the oil filter attaches is a coil that circulates the engine coolent to cool the oil passing through.

I had no idea that the WRX power steering adjusts the amount of power steering assist based on vehicle speed. This feature also reduces engine load for more Hp and fuel efficiency when driving in a straight line.

I had no idea that the 5-speed manual transmission gears are transfered from the shifter to the tranny by a solid rod rather than a cable.

I had no idea that the turbo is cooled by BOTH engine oil and engine coolent.

I had no idea that the WRX has interior run brake lines to protect against puncture or damage (can you say rally heritage?)

The number of redundent systems - 2 radiator fans, 2 ABS control units (master & slave), 2 brake boosters, sensors and so on.

The boxer engine design is just so interesting and unique.

This is one hell of a well engineered car. No wonder people commonly get 200,000+ miles out of them. Makes me wonder why I haven't owned a Subaru before now!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Nails said:
This is an awesome link! Thanks Ken, whoever you are, for posting the manuals. I have downloaded them all and have been absorbed reading them for the last 2 hours! They are well-written in plain English and have gobs of neato info in them.

Examples:

I had no idea that the WRX motor has an engine oil cooler. Above where the oil filter attaches is a coil that circulates the engine coolent to cool the oil passing through.

I had no idea that the WRX power steering adjusts the amount of power steering assist based on vehicle speed. This feature also reduces engine load for more Hp and fuel efficiency when driving in a straight line.

I had no idea that the 5-speed manual transmission gears are transfered from the shifter to the tranny by a solid rod rather than a cable.

I had no idea that the turbo is cooled by BOTH engine oil and engine coolent.

I had no idea that the WRX has interior run brake lines to protect against puncture or damage (can you say rally heritage?)

The number of redundent systems - 2 radiator fans, 2 ABS control units (master & slave), 2 brake boosters, sensors and so on.

The boxer engine design is just so interesting and unique.

This is one hell of a well engineered car. No wonder people commonly get 200,000+ miles out of them. Makes me wonder why I haven't owned a Subaru before now!
Reading that post made me cry a little:)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'm not Ken but I would like to also give him big thanks. Oh yeah Right Click Save As so we don't piss Ken off. :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
This is an awesome link! Thanks Ken, whoever you are, for posting the manuals.
I'm not Ken but I would like to also give him big thanks. Oh yeah Right Click Save As so we don't piss Ken off. :D
well, i am ken, and ken is me, and the manuals are still there. ;)

your thanks took a few years to get to me, but they are still appreciated!

ken

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Holy thread full of inactive members, Batman!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts