ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,I drive a 2004 impreza wrx, manual trans, lately when I drive it's so weird because when for example I put the car in second gear, press (acc.pedal harder) and get to about 4000 rpm the car just doesn't accelerate, like there's no turbo, engine gets loud but the car just doesn't take off like it used to, like there's no turbo it's so strange, I don't get it no itdicators, no lights lit up on dash board nothing, and same thing on third gear, please help !!! Thanks, David ([email protected])

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,504 Posts
Post service history for the car. Post modifications to the car. Post when the problem started. Can you read boost from a gauge? What does it say?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post service history for the car. Post modifications to the car. Post when the problem started. Can you read boost from a gauge? What does it say?

Service History is great, last maintn about 6 months ago, no mods car 100% stock, don't have boost gauge, it didn't have it a all.

Thank you

·
28,504 Posts
So at around 4000 rpm or so, do the revs climb but the car does not accelerate? That is, does the motor rev but fail to make the car go faster?

·
28,504 Posts
Then it sounds like the clutch is slipping. Take the car to a mechanic.

·
28,504 Posts
People pay ~$250-$300+ for the parts and then also several hours for labour. The total will vary with labour rates in your area. Make sure this is actually the problem first though since I've never seen your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts