Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
2019 Subaru WRX and STI research specs, options, photos, prices, details.

2019 WRX Limited adds over the Premium

Model codes:
KUQ manual transmission,
KUR high torque CVT automatic transmission with SI drive, Paddle Shifters

New for 2019
Audio with Android Auto and Apple Carplay (all models)
optional CVT includes Eyesight, Electric parking brake, Eyesight assist monitor, Auto vehicle hold,

all the features of the WRX Premium, plus
Leather trimmed upholstery with red stitching
Pushbutton start/keyless access
Steering responsive LED headlights
Inverted front struts for improved handling
Starlink emergency connected services (1st year free)
10 way power driver's seat with power lumbar support
Driver's seat seatback map pocket (in addition to the passenger side pocket)
18" gray finish alloy wheels with 245/40 R18 97W summer performance tires
Welcome Lighting- exterior head and tail lights briefly on when doors unlocked with the remote
Headlights- LED low beam and LED high beams and LED fog lights, with automatic low beam aiming
Headlights- dusk-to-dawn Auto on/off setting with front wiper on/off
Headlights: black inner surround

Audio
same audio is on the 2019 WRX Premium, WRX Limited, and STI
new for 2019 Android Auto, Apple Carplay
Starlink 7.0" high resolution touch screen LCD audio,
Voice activated controls,
6 speakers (1 in each door, and 2 tweeters on dash panel),
Android Auto, Apple Carplay
AM/FM/HD radio, single CD player, SiriusXM (free for 4 mos),
Handsfree cell phone Bluetooth with call history and phone number download,
Dual USB ports, 1 aux jack, NFC near field communication
Bluetooth audio streaming, SMS text messaging,
SiriusXM TravelLink with weather, sports, stock market, and fuel station finder (4 mos free)
Siri Eyes Free and itunes tagging (iphone req)
Subaru Starlink cloud apps, plus Pandora, Aha (by h/k),
Smartphone required, not all functions work with all phones
Rear view back-up camera displays in the screen.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The limited sounds like it will be a lot easier to live with. You're likely not going to be hooning the car or taking it to the track, everyday. If you want a car that will be more comfortable to drive to work, while also having enough performance to have fun on spirited drives, I suggest getting the limited.

If it's performance you're looking for then I would spend the few extra thousand on a STi base. But, it sounds like you may rather be looking for the compromise between performance and comfort if you're considering the limited. Go for the limited.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Premium with performance package has:
Red painted calipers
Upgraded pads
Recaro front seats
Moonroof delete

Limited has:
Push button start
LED headlights
LED fog lights
Moonroof
Leather trimmed seats with adjustable lumbar support
Option to get HK, nav, blindspots, and rear crosstraffic alert

If you can still find a series gray that is likely the best of both worlds as it adds the LED lights and push button start to the premium w/ performance package.

I opted for limited with nav package and am waiting for my car to arrive.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Recaro seats look really awesome, but that's about it. The seats in my 18 STi don't feel any different than the seats I had in my base 2015 STi.

I'd be sold with the leather, push button start, and moon roof.

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
Recaro seats look really awesome, but that's about it. The seats in my 18 STi don't feel any different than the seats I had in my base 2015 STi.

I'd be sold with the leather, push button start, and moon roof.
It is a bit disappointing isn't it?

From my own butt sensor, the Recaros in the new WRX/STI seem similar to the Focus RS Recaros... both are more of a GT seat. Nothing close to the Evo X Recaro seats...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the 50th anniversary limited WRX. The Recaro seats are really uncomfortable, especially for long drives and the bolsters on the driver's seat are set to wide so I always feel like I am shifting around in the corners. I really miss the lumbar support as well. I could do without the moon roof as I never use it. I sat in the RS and found the seats to be much more comfortable, and a better fit for my body.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If your after the performance package just get it, you can add LED headlights/foglights for a few hundred bucks but wont have the around the corner headlights like limited

·
Registered
361 Posts
If your after the performance package just get it, you can add LED headlights/foglights for a few hundred bucks but wont have the around the corner headlights like limited
That's a bit of a misleading comment. You can't just swap LED bulbs and get good output that doesn't blind other drivers. You would have to retrofit your headlights, get different fog lights, and/or get aftermarket led headlights like the subispeed ones. Done properly, these mods will run minimum $500+ and more likely would run $1k+. (TRS retroquick kit + c lights + morimoto fogs, or subispeed headlights + morimoto fogs, etc.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's a bit of a misleading comment. You can't just swap LED bulbs and get good output that doesn't blind other drivers. You would have to retrofit your headlights, get different fog lights, and/or get aftermarket led headlights like the subispeed ones. Done properly, these mods will run minimum $500+ and more likely would run $1k+. (TRS retroquick kit + c lights + morimoto fogs, or subispeed headlights + morimoto fogs, etc.)

I didnt know we where talking about C-lights, i did not factor that into my few hundred bucks statement

You CAN install LED into stock projectors on a Premium edition
And the morimoto LED fog light set is less then $200 delivered to your door

I think i paid $280 for this combo (OLM low beams, and Morimoto fogs)
And they DO NOT blind people, as soon as i installed i could see much further, wider, and have a nice cut off with an aim adjustment on the fogs
Been running for over 1.5 years like this

·
Registered
361 Posts
I didnt know we where talking about C-lights, i did not factor that into my few hundred bucks statement

You CAN install LED into stock projectors on a Premium edition
And the morimoto LED fog light set is less then $200 delivered to your door

I think i paid $280 for this combo (OLM low beams, and Morimoto fogs)
And they DO NOT blind people, as soon as i installed i could see much further, wider, and have a nice cut off with an aim adjustment on the fogs
Been running for over 1.5 years like this
Even if you skip on C lights (which why would you since the headlights will be open) then you are looking at $340 for retrofit parts, more if you opt for halos, demon eyes, or c lights. And then $175 for fog lights, and $140 fo c lights. We are already at over $650 in parts.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/m...,54404,47309,50242,48188&preselect_restrict=1

Slapping $100 LED bulbs in your stock housings might look good, and a down firing led will look brighter right in front of your car, but it cannot project even remotely as far as the cheap halogen bulb that came stock. In addition to reduced output, the light will scatter more which can blind others. Sure, if you only ever drive around town where headlights are used only to help others see you and for you to see others, do what you want. If you actually need to use your headlights because you drive places without ambient/street lights then putting LED or HID bulbs in your stock housings will be 100% worse than stock. Do it right or do not do it at all.

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
^^ These are facts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts