Subaru WRX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts
Discussion starter · #44 ·
I haven’t come across any other Subie swaps.
As far as the metal work I honestly haven’t done any previous body work at school or at home. I’ve done plenty of heavy metal welding but as far as shaping sheet metal this project is the first
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

I’m not going to be able to remove my fenders once the wide body is on so I gotta tear things apart again and finish off some welding and sealing of this seam before the fender gets mounted permanently. I’m planning on using POR15 to coat all this metal behind the fenders

Dude the hood looks sick!!! i love the lines, cant wait to see more. Both trucks are amazing projects and like previous comment said, i hope theyre built and done to a functional level and are actually used and not just parked to show off!

Going that wide will require some serious modifications to the suspension. It will cause the steering to be problematic as the scrub radius is fubar and the suspension will always feel soft and floaty.

Discussion starter · #54 ·
I just looked it up and a stock WRX is 68.5” wide and I’m 70”. I’ve got 1” spacers mounted on it right now. I’m not sure if I’m going to use them when it’s time to drive it, but I wanted to make sure I made it wide enough to accommodate a wider wheel/tire combo in the future

Wow man looking good! The body kit got a group A or pikes peek Suzuki look to it. Maked me want to go work on mine right now. Unfortunately the truck is sitting outside full of snow. Needed my work space then the next day we got a storm. Life in canada eh

Discussion starter · #58 ·
Wow that a sweet little Vauxhall. It’s cool to see his pics where he cut the Subaru. Totally different from where I cut, or where you cut yours. I’ve started a YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UCRredK3hV1khizWmWJBujcw
Or instagram @km_customs81
Trying to get the tailgate and box corners mounted and secured is proving to be more difficult then I originally thought. Hopefully get it sorted out here today.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.