Subaru WRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts
It's crazy. I'm building the same thing right now. I used the Wiper assembly bfron the Subaru flipped 180° and mounted on the driver's close as possable. I did this buy welding down long bolts so I could adjust the hight of the Subaru wiper rack. I wish I had found this post earlier. I had cut my door posts and rockers off the truck. I plan on using the Subaru rockers panels because the Datsun was rotton but need to rebuild the bottom of the doors. I made new door posts from a steel tubbing but I messed the alignment of the passenger door and need to re do that side.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Are all your panels mounted to the truck, and able to be driven?
love the chin spoiler!!
I’ve got all my sheet metal and parts here now, so hoping over the Christmas break to make some real progress

Are all your panels mounted to the truck, and able to be driven?
love the chin spoiler!!
I’ve got all my sheet metal and parts here now, so hoping over the Christmas break to make some real progress
Right now the back of the cab is bolted down to the floor using big L-brackets. This is just so I can move it around slightly to adjust alignments. The box is bolted down with hockeypuck mounts just behind the struts for the same reason. Cab and box are sandwiched together Using slabs of steel inside of each with 8bolts running threw it. Everything else is just lightly tack welded for now. I been going in circles lopsening and tightening trying to get the alignment true but it seems that every time I get one spot right it throws off another. Also mine sits on the original subie rockers where your truck hugs them instead. My truck was to rotton and had no rockers left I also cut my door post off the truck to make a heavy set out of tubing.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I plan on using my truck a lot, snowboarding, hiking, or just rip into town. I’ve got 2 other 1 ton trucks that I daily drive and just wanted something smaller

Attachments

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.