ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 05 STI to Obrien Subaru in Fort Myers for service. Instead of fixing it they took it on a high speed joy ride and crashed it--$13,000 in damage.

Does anyone know of a good Subaru mechanic in the Fort Myers/Naples area?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Wow does that ever suck! One of those things you hear about occasionally but never think actually could happen to someone. What a bunch of idiots.

·
Registered
163 Posts
wow. Sorry to hear dude. I automatically thought of ferris bueller

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Wow, I'd have that guys job, and a hefty price break on a new car, if it were me. Do not put up with that, do not take it lying down. That dealership BETTER pay out the nose for this.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
Does anyone know of a good Subaru mechanic in the Fort Myers/Naples area?

Thanks.
For another Subaru? From what you've said your 05 is not repairable, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For another Subaru? From what you've said your 05 is not repairable, right?
Just got the car back from the body shop; the dealer did not service the car (they just crashed it and gave it back) so I need another mechanic.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow man sorry to hear this. Hope you get stuff figured out

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Couldn't you sue. Or make the dealer pay for all the repairs

---
I am here: Google Maps
So, according to your sig, you are either at an assisted living facility, or a carry out. It has me a little curious as to whether you are a proprietor, or an occupant, and of which one?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I'm not the litigious type, but I'd probably make an exception for this. Management at places like a dealer really need to watch over the less responsible types in their employ. I was annoyed when the alarm install guys took my MR2T out for a 3 mile "test drive" many years ago, and they didn't even crash it. "Umm...why did you put mileage on the car, again, to test an alarm?"

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Dude, that sucks.

...valet mode ftw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks All. I was hopeful to find new shop in SW Florida for service.

Learn from my misfortune. Your dealer is only as good as their willingness to hold themselves accountable for their actions. You are at their mercy, even if you are willing to spend a great deal of time and money fighting with them. This was blatant misconduct (a single car accident on a clear sunny day where the car spun for 300+/- feet exiting a 15mph curve); yet the dealer never acknowledged this nor did they ever express an interest in making me whole.

If you are in the Fort Myers Florida area; I urge you not to visit Obrien Subaru for your service or purchase needs.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Get a Lawyer.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Dealer would be giving me a new car, or at the very least the KBB value of the car that was wrecked plus the cost of any aftermarket parts that were on it.. probably have them pay my lawyer and court costs too.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts