ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 wrx premium and its all stock 265hp wit short throw shifter, is it faster then the 2009-2010 cobalt ss turbo? Like off a dig or roll?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Same driver, same conditions...WRX from a dig, Cobalt from a roll. Otherwise the dig could go either way depending on driver.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my friend has a 09 ss turbo he claims he can smoke me from a dig nd roll. But iam pretty sure i can smoke it from either because i was neck and neck wit a mazda speed 3 nd i had a bit of a pull like half a car on it. I also smoked a 05 sti with full catback exhaust the driver was a good driver just that i am better with my car. :) stock vs stock i am pretty sure i can take the ss either way. Why do u say he can take me
Off the roll?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
This is probably enough threads for you to ask this in. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
he will probably take you from a roll because once both cars are going the same speed, cobalt has to put the power to only 2 wheels as opposed to 4... wrx has more drivetain loss because its awd, therefore, from a roll he should be able to slightly beat you, but only marginally. from a dig, you'll have 2-3 car lengths on him by the time you 60mph, if not more. by the time he catches up and overtakes you, it won't matter because the 1/4 mile is long done with.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the roll race i dont even concider that a race anyway. Drag race consists of r/t, but i am pretty sure i can take him on a roll too i took on a ms3 by half a car. But from a dig i am sure i can smoke him bad, he wont stand a chance. The new wrx 0-60 in 4.4 sec wit shorth throw shifter so thats a second and half behind the ss is 5.8. I accually smoked a 335i the other day off a roll nd dig.

·
Registered
902 Posts
WRX will win from a dig if you can launch the car well which I don't recommend to do often.
Turbo Cobalt will win from a roll vs a stock wrx once you hit 3rd gear he will start to pull you.
The stock wrx power just tapers off in 3rd gear. Once I got my Cobb Ap and down pipe I was amazing how much better the car pulled in 3rd and 4th gear.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I accually take my car to the auto cross i have recieved the best time out of all of the stock cars i even beat a 430 ferrari by 1 sec around track haha. But what can i doo to get my wrx up too 400hp+?

·
Registered
902 Posts
I accually take my car to the auto cross i have recieved the best time out of all of the stock cars i even beat a 430 ferrari by 1 sec around track haha. But what can i doo to get my wrx up too 400hp+?
Nice driving!

400whp? turbo back exhaust, intake, at least a 20g turbo even on E85, front mount intercooler, fuel pump, injectors, professional tune, etc... And at 400hp it all depends on how you drive if it last.

Here's some info for you... He is making 426whp on E85 fuel.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2243209

I am more then sure i can smoke a ss of the line to 100mph wit no problem.
It would be a good race but once your in 3rd gear the Cobalt is going to start making ground on you.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
stock vs stock i am pretty sure i can take the ss either way. Why do u say he can take me
Off the roll?
similar power numbers, similar weight.. one big difference, he's only driving two wheels vs you're driving all 4. Drag is not on your side either..so between driveline loss and aerodynamic drag the cobalt will start to gain advantage above 100mph.

Now that said, I used to ABUSE my friends cobalt ss with my old merkur (mk1 sierra) .. and I was only making maybe 220-230hp at that time. Again though, still comparing 2wd cars. Awd takes quite a bit more power to keep pushing at speed vs the fwd or rwd counterparts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hahaha well i allways thought the ss looked like it was a new cavalier haha but i will get it up there then would wrx be faster if it had 400 whp then cobalt if that had 400 fwhp?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
WHP means next to nothing most of the time. One dyno that reads 400 whp could read 350 on another and 450 on another. Plus dyno numbers don't always equal street performance

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I accually just raced him off a dig 0-110mph and i won by 1 and half car lengths after all the wrx is faster. We did a 20mph roll up to 100mph i pulled on him but could not catch me.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Im going to hope this was on a track...if not. STOP street racing

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I accually just raced him off a dig 0-110mph and i won by 1 and half car lengths after all the wrx is faster. We did a 20mph roll up to 100mph i pulled on him but could not catch me.
Keep it going :thumbup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was on the street but we have a street where no one lives and there is never trafic which the whole town does races. The ss is accually slow off the start Even with the launch control, off the dig i was pull on him like it was a cobalt lt ahahahha. But i need help with this stage 2 or 3, i never modded wrx i did to my old rx7 but never on wrx what is the gains on the stage 2-3 on cobb? I heard about this 60$ tune that i only need downpipe for?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts