ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and found people talking about saab 9-2x aero so I looked into it for myself...

For my area there are almost no Saabs for sale, thats either a good or bad thing... but a 2005 9-2x aero goes for about the same as a 2002 wrx with similar mileage!!! Is there something wrong with Saab's that would make their value so low? would a 02 wrx be a smarter decision because it's better quality, or does it just hold value better? which is a smarter decision?

Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've been looking around and found people talking about saab 9-2x aero so I looked into it for myself...

For my area there are almost no Saabs for sale, thats either a good or bad thing... but a 2005 9-2x aero goes for about the same as a 2002 wrx with similar mileage!!! Is there something wrong with Saab's that would make their value so low? would a 02 wrx be a smarter decision because it's better quality, or does it just hold value better? which is a smarter decision?

Thanks for the help!!!
Im not to sure about that model of saab, but i do know that they have amazing mpg's. I drove my friends turbo saab (cant' remember model) and it drove nice, had descent power.

But it felt kinda slow and to quiet for my taste. Im sure a bigger cbexhaust system would change that, but i probably wouldnt get a saab to mod, but thats just me. I see a saab more of a luxury car (which it is), and more of a mature car i guess? Better mpg car, quiet, luxury car.

So conclusion: if you're looking for a quiet, comfy, good mpg car - saab is your answer.

But if you're looking for something fun, great handling, quick, awd, and a beautiful boxer roar, you know what the answer is.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Im not to sure about that model of saab, but i do know that they have amazing mpg's. I drove my friends turbo saab (cant' remember model) and it drove nice, had descent power.

But it felt kinda slow and to quiet for my taste. Im sure a bigger cbexhaust system would change that, but i probably wouldnt get a saab to mod, but thats just me. I see a saab more of a luxury car (which it is), and more of a mature car i guess? Better mpg car, quiet, luxury car.

So conclusion: if you're looking for a quiet, comfy, good mpg car - saab is your answer.

But if you're looking for something fun, great handling, quick, awd, and a beautiful boxer roar, you know what the answer is.
You do know that a Saab 92-x is a WRX wagon, right?

http://www.azcentral.com/class/marketplace/cars/0612wheels12saabintro.html

·
Registered
88 Posts
92-x

yea man the 92-x's and the wrxs i believe have the same engine. i kno they are subaru engines.
look at the 92-x linear. theyre siick

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
yea man the 92-x's and the wrxs i believe have the same engine. i kno they are subaru engines.
look at the 92-x linear. theyre siick
you know the linear is the same are a subaru 2.5rs not a turbo at all

the Saab 9-2x is the same thing as a WRX sportwagon.

if you found a 9-2x aero cheaper than a comparable wrx get the saab

there is nothing wrong with the 9-2x just make sure its an AERO not a linear

·
5,780 Posts
DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS???

·
Registered
549 Posts
DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS???
ya?

I never knew the saab has same engine?
I guess i know a little to little about the car. Just spoke from experience of driving a turbo saab. Felt comfy, quiet, but slow.

EDIT: well after looking at the link above, seems that SAABARU is the same car.. lol so i guess my answer is : i got no asnwer.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
I really like the 9-2x. I thinks its one of the best looking Impreza variants and the interior is slightly nicer. I say get the 9-2x.

·
5,780 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, from what I understand it's basically the same car, but saab modified things to make it more Saabish... didn't know if that was a good or bad thing, though if I did get it, I would probably get a modest CBE... :cool:

Should make for a pretty nice sleeper if I could get Cobb Stage 2 on it!

·
Registered
0 Posts
EDIT: well after looking at the link above, seems that SAABARU is the same car.. lol so i guess my answer is : i got no asnwer.
manages to walk away with his dignity***

1 - 12 of 12 Posts