Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last month my 2010 wrx coil pack went when I was pulling at full throttle, throwing a code for misfire in cylinder 1. I replaced the bad with a used one on eBay for like $20 just to see if it would fix it and it did! Well just today racing a buddy the same thing happened on same cylinder... my question being do you guys think that there is a deeper problem or did I just replace the old one with another piece of **** and have the same problem. Any info would be great!

·
Super Moderator
10,887 Posts
It could be a whole mess of things not limited to bad coil. You'll have to do a little further diagnostics and give us some more information.

Is the car modified? Have you checked the plugs? Checked for boost or vacuum leaks? All of these are common issues leading to misfire. It might be time to do a relative compression check to see if that cylinder is down on compression as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is pretty much full bolt on the way it sets. At 18 psi. My main concern being that the pcv valve has been deleted as it has been throwing a check engine code since I bought it. I believe it was to accommodate for the Perrin top mount. Besides that I will try to check for vacuum leaks and get compression test done today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts