Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any mechanical issues that the wrx has? I was told by someone that the wrx , although may drive smoothly due to its wonderful suspension, has several mechanical issues. He wasn't to specific as the nature of the mechanical issues but he said stuff like the engine wear and tear is really bad...anyone know anything about thing? If you disagree then could you post some information to go against this claim from like external sources and website thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
MisterX said:
Don't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Case closed.
Now don't listen to him cause if you don't believe none of what you hear then you will believe all of what you hear. So in all actuality you should only believe half of what you read and none of what you hear!

didn't mean to knit pick mister X. Just one of those pet peaves for me, double negatives!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Please illustrate the double negative. Be careful because I don't think you're up to this.

And don't "knit" pick. At least until you can speak, read, and write the language.

misterx

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have seen the light!

And I did illustrate the double negative by saying if you "don't believe none of what you hear then you will believe all of what you hear." Doesn't that illustrate the double negative?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Getting back on topic...the only problem that I have with my car is a shudder in the morning when the car is still cold. I plan on taking it in to the dealership for this. BlueScooby took his car in, and got his clutch and fly wheel changed out under warranty. According to what he had to say, there's no more shudder.

·
Registered
416 Posts
yeah sorry about the hijack and good recovery!

I spoke to the dealership about the the shudder just the other day. He said they haven't come up with a permanant fix for it yet, but it is definately a problem. He also said that he was expecting to hear about a recall or technical bulletin on the shudder and they he was expecting to replace quite a few clutches and flywheels. So I guess thats promising. He didn't say what it was that was causing it...just that it happens when it gets a little cooler out.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
This should prove to be a very reliable automobile. The engine has been in service for years and is one of the best Subaru produces. The WRX has been in service in Japan and elsewhere in the world for quite a few years and except for the changes made for USDM, it is a tried and proven design.

Don't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
This is an ethnic saying and a badly paraphrased line from an old soul (R&B) song. I had thought some of us might be old enough to recall having heard it and would recognize the quote as such. I was wrong.

Sorry about the hijack.

misterx

·
Registered
473 Posts
The only mechanical issue I have heard of is with the transmission. Some people who modify the engine and/or use the car for drag racing have had problems with synchro wear, which causes rough shifting. I don't think it will be a problem if you use the car normally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts