Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm sitting at the left turn stop light off of the insterstate, and I'm messing with my CDs. This hispanic dude and his gf drive up on the out side turn lane to the left of me with this white civic hatch 94 model year with some god-awful spoiler and funky paint **** body effects and fart muffler thats louder than my ass after new mexican green chile. Anyway, he keeps creeping up at the light and revving, I'm half paying attention and well, then I decide I'd do it. So I flip on my boost controller, no way he can touch me I assume.

Well, all you ricers. You got me this time. He beat me by three car lengths.

But then again, he made a left on a RED LIGHT, into the median and then kept going. I was like....what the???? I was half way hoping that he'd get hit by a car, but then again in that little POS civic he'd probably be killed. I waited for the green arrow.

RICERS=idiots who drive what they drive because they are too stupid to afford something better. This case being a prime example.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or then again maybe he was color blind... explains the ugliness of those stupid color effects on his car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think the civic did what Ive seen a few people do here. They wait till the traffic light goes from green to red (the main light not the arrows) on thier side of the road, then thiers about 3 seconds of time before the other lane gets the green so people try to zip across before it turns green for them. Its very retarded.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO NOT AT ALL....

WE weer both sitting at the red light in a left turn lane.
the dork just gunned it and ran the red light totally!

We were sitting at the red light waiting (0 mph) when he just took off and ran through the light, it was sooo fuc#$#@ stupid.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Sigh... I guess he doesn't understand the "red light" concept of drag racing. Or maybe he does? :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
hehe. thats funny. i had some kids do that too me too. actualy, there were 4 kids in my car all together as we were waiting at a red light in front of loyola university. this kid, with a friend in the passenger seat comes up next to us at the red light, and revs up real loud. i look over, and its an old red car. dont know what kind, dont care. the kid in the passenger side is revving and pointing at the car, i turn around like, who cares, and the kid gets pissed and starts hitting the window so that i would notice him. i look over and hes still hitting the window(his friends window while he was sitting in the passenger seat). anyhow, i look forward and get ready to race. before the light turns green, he takes off, about 3 seconds later, light turns green, i floor it, and fly right past him like he was standing still. as im going about 65 or so, theres a curve that leads onto broadway, i take that at full speed, and a few seconds later, i hear this loud screech, i look behind and its the kid fishtailing the curve. i started to crack up. well i slow down to get into my parking garage, when the kid flies by me, but instead of flying by me all the way, he pulls his ebrake, slows down and floors it again. MY GAWD, these kids are retarded! he was prolly drunk to, thursday night all the kids get drunk and act like complete dumbasses. anyhow, thats my kill! and im damn proud of it.

peter

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
subineer said:
RICERS=idiots who drive what they drive because they are too stupid to afford something better.
jeez u a little mad man. That's actually a crappy definition of rice. There has been riced out WRX's i know it stink but still so are those drivers to stupid to afford something better. To each his own man. Ya gotta watch out for some of those civic hatch's there me be a B16 motor under there.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
True, no reason to bag on their intelligence Subineer! Let their actions speak for them. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
subineer said:

RICERS=idiots who drive what they drive because they are too stupid to afford something better. This case being a prime example.
Man, that's so condescending. I've seen riced out $35,000 BMW's before so it has nothing to do with money - its a mentality.

And what type of car you drive has absolutely nothing to do with your level of intelligence. I can't even believe you're implying that...I'd bet a majority of the world thinks we are all stupid because we mod our cars.

You sound like a sore loser man. Stop generalizing about people simply based on what they drive. If you think money speaks about people's intelligence and/or character, then I feel so sorry for you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: WRX lost to a riced civic.

Thats it man, I figure you guys would enjoy hearing how stupid this ricer guy was. I'm sorry, I DONT rice out my car. And anybody stupid enough to rice a BMW is just that. AND RICERS ARE IDIOTS. Plain and simple. Depends on your defintion: mine is someone who buys a POS and makes it LOOK like something fast when actually its nothing. Whats the point?
Now if you make an argument that rice is art, then I'll agree with you if you call those cars with $5000 custom paint jobs and effects rice.....but thats not my definition of rice, nor is it my definition of art really... but to each his own.

It's been a while since I posted cause I was just plain bored of reading about cars here (cause I got sick of the bigger, faster, better argument, theres always someone faster). But lately I've been rediscovering how much this car is fun to drive (its not about 1/4 mile times at all...its about taking curves at speeds that could destroy other cars), and so I thought I'd write a little ditty on my experiences so far, well I guess I'm back to being unmotivated to post to this forum again.

Bye for now.

smokey said:
Man, that's so condescending. I've seen riced out $35,000 BMW's before so it has nothing to do with money - its a mentality.

And what type of car you drive has absolutely nothing to do with your level of intelligence. I can't even believe you're implying that...I'd bet a majority of the world thinks we are all stupid because we mod our cars.

You sound like a sore loser man. Stop generalizing about people simply based on what they drive. If you think money speaks about people's intelligence and/or character, then I feel so sorry for you.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I encourage you to post about your car, their cars, whatever you want - positive or negative. But don't insult those people by saying the reason they rice out their car is because they are STUPID and thus POOR!

RICERS=idiots who drive what they drive because they are too stupid to afford something better...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: Re: WRX lost to a riced civic.

SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
jeez u a little mad man. That's actually a crappy definition of rice. There has been riced out WRX's i know it stink but still so are those drivers to stupid to afford something better. To each his own man. Ya gotta watch out for some of those civic hatch's there me be a B16 motor under there.
the car i had before was a b17a engine 92 integra gsr, which is similar to b16

anyways, my point is that a b16 would still lose to a stock wrx from what i've seen unless there's another $5K in mods put into the B16, it's only 160horsepower at the crank

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Re: Re: Re: WRX lost to a riced civic.

JimDab said:
the car i had before was a b17a engine 92 integra gsr, which is similar to b16

anyways, my point is that a b16 would still lose to a stock wrx from what i've seen unless there's another $5K in mods put into the B16, it's only 160horsepower at the crank
ok i'm not gunna argue over this but if u but a b16 motor in a civic hatchback then ur gunna mod it more. and 160hp in a 2000lb car is pretty good. anyways. the civic hatch u never know whats under there. b18, b16, b17, b20 (i think there is a 20) all sorts of crap and turbo's and juice. all of it in a 2000lb car.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
LOL!

One... DOESN'T IT SUCK TO LOSE TO A RICER CAR?!?
I know I hated it!

Second....

There are 2 types of ricers!

Ricers who are 17, drive old Integra or Civics, pop on aluminum wings, some decals, repairs are done with duct tape, and the stereo system is custom built. Oh wait.. I just desribed a friend of mine (minus the aluminum wing!)

The second type? Another friend of mine who buys Neons and turns them into drag racers. Right now, he's only done a little bit to his second neon. Headers, cams and exaust. Dark dark dark tinted windows, killer stereo system. He had two different ways of building up the body though... Tinted windows and leaving the rest a sleeper, or body kit and all, and saying "RACE ME!"

You either have money for it, or don't have money for it. Fact is, I personally think ricers are tastless. Yet there's a huge market for it! SuperStreet, SportCompactCar, Turbo, etc all feature ricer looking cars, which most of them would spit out your WRX without a second thought.

Yes, you can rice any car! I've see riced Hondas, Beemers, you name it. Perhaps some of these people are into the Formula 1 and all, like many of us are about the WRC!

Personally, in the area I live, i see rice cars a lot. Meriden, CT has mainly a Hispanic community. Oddly, Hispanics seem to rice cars more often. Least that is what I have seen. I'm guessing it's more about the area you live in.

Oddly, an Acura I've seen around with "SUPER STREET" decals on the windows, some Japanese stuff on it, dark tinted windows, wtc... It's been one of the few cars I can't stand looking at.
So, I see it today as I'm walking into the mall... It stop, I figure the driver noticed I got out of my WRX... Window opens... HOLY $HIT! It's driven by a guy I'm friends with at the mall!
Anyway, he's a nice guy. Likes my WRX. Just have different ways of styling I guess!

My point? Ricers I usually think of as idiots, but now knowing a friend of mine drives a ricer... Well... I now have to rethink how I think about ricers!

~ Dan (Zapix)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: WRX lost to a riced civic.

SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
ok i'm not gunna argue over this but if u but a b16 motor in a civic hatchback then ur gunna mod it more. and 160hp in a 2000lb car is pretty good. anyways. the civic hatch u never know whats under there. b18, b16, b17, b20 (i think there is a 20) all sorts of crap and turbo's and juice. all of it in a 2000lb car.
I think the motor in the new civic Si is the B20, but it may be the K20, I can't remember.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WRX lost to a riced civic.

eVilsAint said:
I think the motor in the new civic Si is the B20, but it may be the K20, I can't remember.
k motors are nissan. there may be K honda motors but the k motors i know are stock 240sx.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WRX lost to a riced civic.

SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
k motors are nissan. there may be K honda motors but the k motors i know are stock 240sx.
Acura RSX = K20A series engine = 2.0 litres

Acura TSX = K24 series engine = 2.4 litres

I think that's correct...just FYI

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.