ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you know that im thinking about getting a 05 wrx sedan and wanted to know how comfortable the interior is for a daily driver. i hear that the interior of a wrx isn't too good and not very comfotable at all. can someone tell me the truth about this ?

·
Registered
647 Posts
WOW!
Who told you that?
I love my '05. The interior has many upgrades over the '04.
I drive on average 2 hours a day city/highway and I've never been uncomfotable.
There is nothing negative that I could say.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
He may have read about the seats not being comfortable in the '04/'05. Some say that the '02/'03 seats have more comfort for smaller-normal size people, whereas the newer seats feel like they're meant for bigger people.

I've test driven an '02, '04, & '05, and I could feel THAT much of a difference confort wise. But things may be different if autocross or do other spirited driving. But in daily commuting, I think they're both comfortable.

PS, get a manual transmission :p It doesn't matter if you don't know how to drive it.. You'll learn ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
its one of the few jap products im willing to buy... (im korean)

do some history research and you'll understand my mentality

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Bertbert2oo6 said:

I'll never buy another Kia again just for that comment.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
05 interior is much improved over previous years. I also drive 2 1/2 hours to school around twice a month. I hate the drive because it eventually ends :sadwave:

·
Registered
39 Posts
i JUST test drove an 05 today in fact and the interior is very nice. very comfy and its great for an everyday driver. the bucket seats almost grip onto your sides its very nice.

·
Registered
437 Posts
shr0olvl said:
some of you know that im thinking about getting a 05 wrx sedan and wanted to know how comfortable the interior is for a daily driver. i hear that the interior of a wrx isn't too good and not very comfotable at all. can someone tell me the truth about this ?
I've had my '05 wagon for 2 weeks and it is a VERY comfortable car! I spend about 3 hours a day in my car and it is by far the best part of my day!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm 6'3", 220 lbs, and drive a couple hours a day without any problems whatsoever. Love the heated seats, the ergonomics, and the seats adjust five ways from Friday. No complaints at all.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Bertbert2oo6 said:

totally agree w/ u

·
Registered
160 Posts
Integra96 said:
I'll never buy another Kia again just for that comment.

don't buy KIA

im embarassed that KIA is korean... they have 0 potential.

·
665 Posts
i drove my 04 wrx 8hours straight and the seats were fine.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Bertbert2oo6 said:
don't buy KIA

im embarassed that KIA is korean... they have 0 potential.
yes though i feel that hyundai is actually making their way up the ranks ..slowly..
only korean products i really trust are electronics: samsung, LG, kds, computer products and medical technology...

and back to the topic..
02-03 seats are comfortable as hell...
04's were pretty good too...
STi seats were.. so so
05's.. never tried.. did they improve greatly to the 04s?

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
ive got an '05, im 6'1 180lbs and im fine in the seats. The interior is a lot nicer than in '04

·
Registered
96 Posts
Having been able to experience both interiors for a good amount of time. The 05 is more pleasing to the eye, more comfortable, has a better head restraint. The 05 Interior is just nicer and more satisfying.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
D0WNxSH1FT said:
ive got an '05, im 6'1 180lbs and im fine in the seats. The interior is a lot nicer than in '04
05' SRR.. envy..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm 5'10" and drive a '04. The seats are not very comfortable for me. I wish there was a good adjustable lumbar support system in the Rex.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts