Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX insurance in NY???

5K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  JJS516 
#1 ·
I'm planning on financing an 04 wrx in a few months. Can anybody tell me how much insurance is for an 02-03 rex in ny? I'm 24 with no moving violations. Thanks.

#6 ·
coyote73176 said:
I am 26, have no tickets, except (1) for not wearing set belt, my insurance is $1,700 per year (I thought this was high, but after reading your guys stuff I must be on easy street), I have my insurance through NYCM
New York Central Mutual? That's a damn good price! what part of NY do you live in? Also, do you have a contact for that insurance company?

#7 ·
I am in Dutchess County (pawling to be exact, a little no name town in the middle of no where). I actually got the insurance through my insurance agent after progressive tried to juice my rates after 9-11 (and that was for a Geo Prizm). I have had them a few years now, and except for one minor fender bender in philly (with the Geo thank god), haven't had any other problems (tickets)

there website is nycm.com

#8 ·
Let's focus here guys. Are we talking about New York State or City? If you live in NYC, you will not get $1700 a year insurance. I get $4000 a year insurance from USAA because it is a member owned company, and only available to military and their immediate family. Diesel Clown, if you're 24 now, I suggest that you wait until you're 25 to get a new car. That's the age when insurance costs drop dramatically.

#11 · (Edited)
Bask Oner said:
Maybe you should join the army. There's nothing to worry about; the war's over!

www.usaa.com
lol, when the terrorist attacks happened, I woke up late so I ended up not being around the neighborhood to have breakfast with my uncle as originally planned. I was going to be the first to enlist but I hurt my back in an accident and ended up with 2 herniated disks that were just reaggravated with another accident involving my friends e46. Anyway, I just got a call from my current insuance carrier and the guy laughed at my Geico rate. He quoted me $4300 for full coverage for the year and when i turn 25 in Feb of 04, he said it can drop to even half that. Can't wait! I'm in Queens, NYC so that explains the cost. My friend living in Virginia with a 2000 rs only pays 1100 for full coverage a year. Now I just gotta get approved for a good loan which is an entirely different hurdle. my fingers are crossed. thanks for all the help guys! :)

#13 ·
Bask Oner said:
QUEENS! REPRESENT!

I can't wait until I'm 25 and get lower insurance costs. Maybe then I'll be able to afford food.
damn bro i hear you...its just ridiculous when you pay more for insurance than for your actual car. anyway, im going from a 95 automatic altima to an 04 turbo 5 speed rex!! man i cant wait! i already know my first mod, hid's. :D

#14 ·
NY state insurance is a ripp off!
Before I was 21 they told me it will drop when i hit 21 then they told me it will drop after Im 25.. now they tell me when i get married it will drop ! WTF!!!!

Im 26 9yrs with license no tickets and I still pay over 3K in queens!:mad: :mad: :mad:

#15 ·
Coyote, I've heard of Pawling. My friend's cousin lives there and 2 of my friends that I went to college live there. you probably know them!!! (not making fun of the small town thing) haha
Blue, I know...it's messed up, but heck, get married anyway haha
In Albany, I pay 1300 a year (03 wrx wagon + 89 Prelude). I'm 26 and have had a no fault accident (totalled 98 Lude) back in october and one speeding ticket back in 10/01. not too shabby. 8 grand would make me wanna ride a focking bike. I give you guys/girls MAJOR respect for shellin out that to truck around NYC!
-STomp

#16 ·
wrxlude said:
8 grand would make me wanna ride a focking bike.
LOL :D Extremely rational comment, but you probably didn't expect a reply like this...

8 grand a year for insurance versus the ~12 grand I spent last year on my bikes? I think that even the expensive car insurance would have been a good deal. Besides, I didn't get $hit when my custom built Azonic got stolen. At least I would get something if my car got stolen!

#17 ·
I guess there is at least one benifit to living upstate. I pay 130 a month for mine and my wifes 02 civic. I am 30 and married so that helps plus I also have USAA. It really is one of the better insurance companies in the country.
I've been up here for 5 years, I am originally from Eatontown NJ. I had a 94 4 cyl Ranger and I was paying 160 a month.

#21 · (Edited)
Trailboss said:
**** GEICO! they told me like 10,000 a year!!!

Amica = 3000 a year

w00t!

19 years old with a 6 point speeding ticket.
youre joking right? statefarm kicked me off for my old street racing habits in my civic. i barely staved off a suspension on the license but i took one of those 6 hr courses to drop 4 points. and i had to pay 5.5k/year for statefarm...those *******s. i call up geico, ***** them out, have my mom ***** them out, and the price settled on 3.5k. im pretty happy with that, and i havent been in any trouble at all since i got the wrx cause now i drive so damn slow (the speed limit) there's usually a line of cars behind me

btw im 21. right now i currently have 7 points.

#26 ·
I had a dream last night that I was down watching the Yanks and when I got back 3 of the wheels were missing. They also took the time to leave it up on blocks
I could NEVER OWN a car in NYC....NYC driving, however, is FUN
-STOmp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.