ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havnt yet driven my wrx in rain yet, i know when it does rain that i'm probably gonna drive crazy, whats teh limits u guys have pushed ur wrx on the stock rims and tires in rain before losing traction?

·
Registered
945 Posts
with the stock tires, it sucks!!!
i hate it, i need rims and tires so bad, only two weeks till i can get em...

but yea, i don't like driving in the rain cause the stock tires suck..
i was use to my celica with fz4's and had no problems whatsoever, i could still go fast.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I had serious understeer in the rain, even with the 23 mm rear sway and endlinks. Never really pushed it after that. Uprgaded to S-03's and it's all good now!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
speaking of - i had some fun in the rain tonight, got it to power slide around a corner (the stock tires really do suck) but then in a asphalt parking lot (the black slippery surface) i was going like ...well fast, then did the quick turn and floored it and it held its ground. Its really wierd. I think it picks when it wants to slide and when it doesnt want to.

·
Registered
236 Posts
2fastwrx3112 said:
speaking of - i had some fun in the rain tonight, got it to power slide around a corner (the stock tires really do suck) but then in a asphalt parking lot (the black slippery surface) i was going like ...well fast, then did the quick turn and floored it and it held its ground. Its really wierd. I think it picks when it wants to slide and when it doesnt want to.
i'll agree to that...sometimes it likes to, sometimes it dont. but 100% fun. but be safe everyone...

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
arbnmac said:
i havnt yet driven my wrx in rain yet, i know when it does rain that i'm probably gonna drive crazy, whats teh limits u guys have pushed ur wrx on the stock rims and tires in rain before losing traction?
dont push it to hard. The AWD of the wrx tends to inspire A LOT of false confidence in the driver. With good tires, its GREAT, but on stockers, you are going to get some understeer and slide/drift.
take it slow, and get to know what your car is capable of before "finding the limits".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
hehe ya...ppl are like look how fast i can take this in my stock wrx...and the thing just plows through the corner (understeers) and they crash into a median. My friend in his mustang almost did that when showing off his new springs/ tires today :rolleyes: It went something like this...aproaching corner, coming very fast, im like wtf? why no braking!?? then i say "Oh no" and he barely managed to avoid scraping the median! lol silly v6 mustang owners who think their modded car is teh shiat!

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Spectre186 said:
hehe ya...ppl are like look how fast i can take this in my stock wrx...and the thing just plows through the corner (understeers) and they crash into a median. My friend in his mustang almost did that when showing off his new springs/ tires today :rolleyes: It went something like this...aproaching corner, coming very fast, im like wtf? why no braking!?? then i say "Oh no" and he barely managed to avoid scraping the median! lol silly v6 mustang owners who think their modded car is teh shiat!

hahahahahahaha! I have had SO MANY friends attempt the same feat. the best is when they freak out because they almost crashed their car, and then they drive like 5 under the speed limit, shaking the rest of the time.
thats how you tell who is smart. some people will still wreck their car trying the same manuver the next day, and others will learn the limits of their car.... (and respect them by modding them more :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
BlkWRXWag said:
Just remember that although AWD will help you help accelerate faster than you thought possible in the rain, it doesn't help you any when you are trying to stop!
AWD braking is slightly better than RWD or FWD, but you're right, it isn't much different

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for info guys. but i dont think stock tires suck too much, i've done a lot of stuff in them and they've held their ground surprisingly better than i thought they would.

(irrevelent to post but is frustrating me so i have to talk about me, maybe i'll relax some.) last night i dropped off my cuzin at home and he told me to take this back road, there's some fun turns. I did and i had a blast until a car pulled out in front of me and i slammed on my brakes and i heard a loud clunk, i stopped right away and i forgot that bowling balls were still in the trunk (we were bowling earlier that day and he does it in a league) his bowling ball while still being in the bag smashed in my 10" sub which i just put in two days ago, i hope warranty covers this..... i havnt stopped kicking my own ass about this, i wish i could invent a damn time machine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
u cant really tell it's a bowling ball that hit it, the part of the sub taht moves, is ripped , can clowing a sub pretty badly do that? I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yes blowing a sub can separate the cone from the voice coil(s) but that's pretty rare. Usually you can tell what's damage and what's defect.

·
Registered
647 Posts
so i tried doing a launch today in the rain (like a downpoor almost) and i just started fish tailing, not what i expected at all. I thought i would of been able to pretty much rule the road in the rain, ehh nope.

·
Registered
342 Posts
LOL nooooo....i learned this when i first got my wrx because the whole week after i got it it rained and everyone was telling me how much i should be loving the rain and i hated it because i couldnt race...so i just heard from everyone that awd drivers love the rain because its the only time they will be able to lose traction....some people love this...personally i find joy in surprising ricers/muscle cars with my "2fast2furious" wagon!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts