ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was on my way back from the track last when I got sideswiped by some stupid ****ers.

I was cruising down a 2 lane road with my cruise set @ 60 when a saw someone moving slowly in front of me going slowly. So i took off the criuse and started coasting up to them when all of a sudden they slam on there brakes and swerve into the other lane to avoid a box in the road. I proceeded to also brake and go into the left lane.

Once we got around the box the car goes back into the right lane and i remained in the left until it got far enough infront of me for me to safely go back into the right lane. But before i could, they decided to stop to pick up the box and slamed on the brakes and rather then staying in the right lane and pulling onto the shoulder they swerved left and side swiped me.

My whole front passenger side of my car was tore/peeled off. The wheel was pushed into the back of the fender wall and locked up, the molding tore off, the panel rolled up like a sardine can......

I get as far off the road as i can, and ask the car what the hell happened, and they said a truck right in front of them dropped the box. I saw the truck pulled over an 1/8th of a mile up the road, but before i could get to it, it took off. Fortunately it came back 5 minutes later, conveinently for it to rereange its load possibly:confused1 .

Turns out the truck and the car that sideswiped me were traveling together and moving. They were so close together that I only saw the truck once the car swerved left.

Cop shows up and tries to blame everything on me going too fast and not having enough time to brake. It doesn't help that i was on my way back from the local 1/8th mile track and still have the number on my car or that i'm 21 or that the only witness was my freind that was in the car behind me.

The person who dropped the box from the truck is liable right? If the cop held me resposible for it i'm gonna fight it.

I'll try to get some pics to post.

·
Registered
907 Posts
MAN THAT IS ****ing Rediculouse! YOU Pull to the Shoulder and wait for traffic to Clear before doing a U turn!!

I say they are fully at Fault!

·
Registered
270 Posts
zapman said:
I was on my way back from the track last when I got sideswiped by some stupid ****ers.

I was cruising down a 2 lane road with my cruise set @ 60 when a saw someone moving slowly in front of me going slowly. So i took off the criuse and started coasting up to them when all of a sudden they slam on there brakes and swerve into the other lane to avoid a box in the road. I proceeded to also brake and go into the left lane.

Once we got around the box the car goes back into the right lane and i remained in the left until it got far enough infront of me for me to safely go back into the right lane. But before i could, they decided to stop to pick up the box and slamed on the brakes and rather then staying in the right lane and pulling onto the shoulder they swerved left and side swiped me.

My whole front passenger side of my car was tore/peeled off. The wheel was pushed into the back of the fender wall and locked up, the molding tore off, the panel rolled up like a sardine can......

I get as far off the road as i can, and ask the car what the hell happened, and they said a truck right in front of them dropped the box. I saw the truck pulled over an 1/8th of a mile up the road, but before i could get to it, it took off. Fortunately it came back 5 minutes later, conveinently for it to rereange its load possibly:confused1 .

Turns out the truck and the car that sideswiped me were traveling together and moving. They were so close together that I only saw the truck once the car swerved left.

Cop shows up and tries to blame everything on me going too fast and not having enough time to brake. It doesn't help that i was on my way back from the local 1/8th mile track and still have the number on my car or that i'm 21 or that the only witness was my freind that was in the car behind me.

The person who dropped the box from the truck is liable right? If the cop held me resposible for it i'm gonna fight it.

I'll try to get some pics to post.
Were you cited for anything? If so, what?

Sounds like "Improper Stopping" and "Failure to Signal" and maybe "Improper Lane Usage" on their part. You could be held liable for "following to closely", but it sounds like the others are at fault IMHO.

Good luck and sorry to hear about your car.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to my insurance agency today and they said they are going to go after the other guys to pay for my car :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
sad but true

Regardless of the reason, if someone stops and you hit them from behind, its your fault. i know its BS, but the cop writing the accident report as driving to fast for conditions and whatever is dead-on right. once your insurance company gets a copy of that, its over.
i would find the owner of the truck and exact revenge accordingly.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't rear end them, i was in the left lane and they came over. They failed to look before changing lanes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
my bad.

you are right. i dont know why i thought that. anyway, sounds like you definately have some legal grounds here. got your insurance company after em which is the first step. but i would consider getting a lawyer to also protect your interests. the insurance companies often want to settle these things as quickly as possible. you may have to see a chiropractor or doctor or something. your neck may be sore or even your back. those things take a few days too.
good luck with this.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: my bad.

humara said:
you are right. i dont know why i thought that. anyway, sounds like you definately have some legal grounds here. got your insurance company after em which is the first step. but i would consider getting a lawyer to also protect your interests. the insurance companies often want to settle these things as quickly as possible. you may have to see a chiropractor or doctor or something. your neck may be sore or even your back. those things take a few days too.
good luck with this.
ahh my back my back, i can't walk......
:rotfl:
ACtually my insurance agent told me to go get checked out by a doctor too, so i think thats a good sign.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
i know how it feels, yesturday someone slammed thier brakes on the highway and thank god my car makes up for my slow reflexes , i slammed the brakes and went on the shoulder
scary shiz!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*Update*

I found out this morning, yes almost 5 months later, that I was found only 10% at fault for the accident, and am getting $450 of my $500 deductable back.

what to buy now.....

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
zapman said:
*Update*

I found out this morning, yes almost 5 months later, that I was found only 10% at fault for the accident, and am getting $450 of my $500 deductable back.

what to buy now.....
why you get $50 off?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Man what is up with all these accidents....this is like the 5th thread ive read in 2 weeks. STis better be immune to the Bug-Eye Epidemic

Glad youre ok though :wiggles:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts