Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One day I got in my car at a gas station. Turned the key and got battery power but it wouldn’t even crank. After I got it started it read a code for the crank sensor. Replaced it and was good for a while. Tonight me and my girlfriend went to eat and it did the same thing. The only difference was the check engine light didn’t come on and there’s no codes. Is anybody experiencing random events where it just doesn’t crank out of nowhere? I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting and the fact that it’s not a chronic issue makes it even scarier. Because I don’t know when it’s gonna happen!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a gut feeling it’s the clutch sensor. I’ve seen a lot of forum posts on this intermittent problem and bypassing the sensor fixes the problem. Can you replace it or do you just have to bypass it?

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
Unrelated car but exact same symptoms. Issue turned out to be the positive cable to the starter was a bit corroded and not quite tight enough. No codes sent. Replace positive cable connector, problem fixes. Sucked when it existed though as you could never tell when it would happen. I could push start it though...so that was a plus (08 mazda gt).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts