ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens to the tranny or anything when it got towed in gear? I went down to try and drive it i got it to roll five feet and a grinding noise came out from the front end no clue what it was. IPS Motorsports is saying something about a ring and pinion, or the front LSD. i dont know i could really use help i've already sold my 1st car just to get a new motor in the wrx and now im having tranny problems.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
was the car towed by the front wheels or put on a flat bed? If its the first then you have other problems as well.

Subaru's can only be flat bed towed

·
Registered
184 Posts
Pay for a new center diff that isn't fried?
Park legally in the future?
Profit?

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
yea, idk if its one of those things where "if it was piggybacked, then it def is messed up" but regardless you should have it checked out. Idk what the rules are about getting towed and damage incurred. but +1 to parking legally, and if you were parked legally and towed (piggy back) and your car is broken I would go after them for damages

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Towing company should be held responsible for how they tow a vehicle regardless of situation. If a tow truck company doesnt know a subaru cannot be towed by anything but a flat bed truck they shouldnt be in business. They could have atleast placed a dolley under the rear wheels making them off the ground as well.

·
Registered
312 Posts
+1. They're at fault, regardless of the situation for you being towed.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Well just crack open all your diffs and weld them together. Posi-traction!

·
Æternum
20,622 Posts
IPS Motorsports is saying something about a ring and pinion, or the front LSD.
They must have no idea about Subarus then, since your car doesn't have a front LSD.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts