Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it some to my attention that the FA20 thats in the BRZ has an extra set of fuel injectors the then WRX. Seeing that they added a turbo to the WRX I'm assuming they removed the fuel injectors due to the power compensation. If thats no the reason then I'm curious as to why they did this. Also whats the location of the fuel injector in the WRX? Is it before the intake valve or above the piston?

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
So it some to my attention that the FA20 thats in the BRZ has an extra set of fuel injectors the then WRX. Seeing that they added a turbo to the WRX I'm assuming they removed the fuel injectors due to the power compensation. If thats no the reason then I'm curious as to why they did this. Also whats the location of the fuel injector in the WRX? Is it before the intake valve or above the piston?

Extra injectors? The FA20 turbo that's in the WRX is direct injection, whereas the N/A FA20 in the BRZ etc. is port injection.

·
Super Moderator
10,884 Posts
The engine in the WRX is direct injection meaning it injects directly into the piston. Why they removed the dual injection is beyond me as it is better than direct Injection alone

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
15,466 Posts
Cost savings...

Specifically cost savings on licensing to Toyota. The system in the 86 twins is Toyota's own D4S design used in Toyota and Lexus models. Subaru didn't want to fall back on a license schema with the WRX and went with the more traditional DI only design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts