ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was installing my Greddy EVO2 exhaust today and it doesnt fit. my question is does the regular WRX catalytic converter have the ring on it that creates the seal with a catback exhaust like the STi does. not sure how to really describe the thing but its like a metal donut instead of a gasket and you use these PITA spring bolts with it. my old Bosal exhaust came with a flared end that would seal with this metal donut but the greddy doesnt. was wondering if maybe they sent me the wrong model since the STi one and regular wrx have different part numbers. Is the only thing i can think of atm until i can call the place i bought it from tomorrow

·
Registered
367 Posts
when i installed my hks hiper cat-back on my wrx, i had to remove the big donut looking gasket that sits between the oem cat-back & oem cat. just pry it off with a flat head screw driver.

i got lazy and didnt feel like making a quick trip to home depot, so i just re-used the oem bolts, nuts, and springs (i used the springs so they would act as if i had a bunch of washers put together to fill in the gap, due to the oem bolts only threading to a certain point) to mate the hks & oem cat back together.

hope this info helps you out a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts