Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went into my local BMW/Scooby/Porsche dealership and saw this amazing poster on the wall. I asked the salesman and he said it was a popular one, but that he had already asked the subaru parts dept. for more and the said no. The poster is of a rally-preped WRX on a white background, in Oil-painting style. If anyone knows where to pick up one of these for cheep (yeah, I'm a college student! :D ) it would make me really happy. Thanks!
Ben

By the way, is the STi coming to the US to compete with next year's EVO VII? I would love to see some competition between the two makers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well,

There are rumors that the Sti is coming to the US. When Verdugo was working at auto advisor, a male told him that there is a chance that the Sti will come to the US.

I really hope it comes, I will be one happy dude:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw that poster at my subaru dealer too. I want one! They also had this huge WRX banner advertising the Automobile Magazine car of the year award. Man, I want that banner for my garage. It was like 6 or 7 feet long, about 5 feet high

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, when Bridgestone uses the rex for one of its banners you can buy them online. They are 9'x3', which makes an awesome garage banner. I will let you know when subaru gets back to my email.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My GF has one..if you call and ask real nice, they might give yuo one for free..they lady on the phone gave my GF her's that she was supposed to give to her daughter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my gf and friend got it from the dealer over here in cali...try going to a diff dealer. I saw one on ebay it was going for like $35

·
Registered
15 Posts
well, if you bought a subaru you should be able to sign up on my.subaru.com and once you sign up you can submit a request for information and all you need to do is say "hey, i'd like some wrx wrc posters" and voila, they come to your door. and better yet, they are free. if the one you are talking about is what i think it is, you can get it directly through subaru if you request it (you have to provide your vin though). its a pretty cool poster. don't have a pic offhand, but its like you said, artistic kinda like oil painting and says subaru and has some japanese text on it as well, correct?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, that would be it. I will try to find someone with a wrx if I can't get them right from subaru via request.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
By the way, is the STi coming to the US to compete with next year's EVO VII? I would love to see some competition between the two makers.

they are both confirmed to arrive. STi will be 276 hp, while the EVO will only be ~250. EVO is going to be around $30K depending on options, Sti will be a grand or two higher. these were rumors months ago, however their info is widely published in a number of renowned mags now. the latest automobile had a few paragraphs on the two. they were pretty dissapointed with the announcement of the downgraded hp on the EVO. i was too though. basically, you could buy a WRX for 24K, and spend a few hundred dollars and have that hp rating. suspension won't be as good and you won't have the much more advanced center diff, but give me a break!! that's way too much money.

the sti seems like it'll be worth it in my book

dR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I watched one of the Top Gear (BBC) shows that was a shootout between the wrx sti and the evoVII. The host chose the scooby over the VII.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, so here's the deal. They will give it to me for free if I can provide them with a VIN #. Would someone be kind enough to let me use their vin? I think that they will send me a few posters, in which case I would be happy to share. Email me at [email protected] if you want a free poster and have a VIN. Thanks for all your help guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts