Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I purchased my 17 Rex, unbeknownst to me, I must've joined some cult. Every time an WRX is coming at me in the oncoming lane, I get a 2 finger peace wave. It took me about 3 WRX drivers over a few days to figure it out. Lol. The dealership didn't inform me of this. Was everyone aware of this but me? :/

· Registered
52 Posts
Welcome to the 'cult'. Enjoy your stay...Oh and the car too, car's important. :p

· Registered
768 Posts
It's funny, when I drove BMWs and would see another BMW driver, I would immediately think "bastard". LOL...

With the WRX it's different--we're a breed apart and we know it. It's not about the status. It's cool but it's under the radar cool.

The love extends to all Subarus, but only to a certain extent--I'm cool with Outbacks and Crosstreks, kinda meh with Foresters and the other slugmobiles.

· Registered
309 Posts
I parked a mile away(no doordings) at the Walmart tonight to get myself a new hoody, come out and was pissed as I saw some jackass parked right next to me way the f out there. As I got closer I saw the park bench on top of a sweet white STI. :) just saying Hey basically.

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. Too funny. I have Evo's waving too. I now get it. I went to Walmart recently and park WAY at the end of the lot away from everyone and I come out and see a car right next to me. It was Rex. He \ she was just saying Hey. Ugh

· Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Yeah, I was at a Wal-Mart the other night buying funions and a evo blew a kiss at me and when I came out 26 STi's were parked next to me.

Just saying hi I guess.

· Registered
31 Posts
I knew of the cult, but it got real when an older rex pulled up next to me and we started talking at a red light asking me how I like the car. I wanted to pull with him but I only had 238 miles at the time and he even said I noticed you had no plates, so he knew right away it wasn't happening.

· Registered
84 Posts
I feel bad when I see one coming, and I'm in the middle of a shift. A lot of these guys I see have their whole left arm out the window. I'm too busy rowing a lot of the time. It's definitely a cool following, very similar to motorcyclists (except Harleys.. they only waive at other Harleys, and only half the time). We are all car guys (and gals). I think it's awesome how there's instant respect if you ask "what's your exhaust setup" or "I had trouble with ____, is there a work-around?" You unknowingly bought into an amazing group of friends.

· Village Idiot
3,468 Posts
Yesterday I parked way out at the end of the parking lot while stopping at the vape store. After I came out from buying my new monster box mod to blow sick clouds I look out and see that a huge thick fog had settled in the parking lot where my car was parked. I thought to myself "ok, that's weird." So I walked out to my car. As I get closer I notice about 40 or 80 other cars parked next to mine, and the ever so sweet aroma of berries, sweet coffee, menthol, and a bunch of other weird fruit flavors have filled the air. As I get even closer I realize that the mob of cars parked next to mine were all other WRX's and STI's and the fog was actually vapor!

Just saying hi I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

· Water.....sometimes waves
2,183 Posts
One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!
I read this several times looking for something in the middle of it :) Like the whole thought process of a puppy:
"What's this? What's this? What's this? What's this? What's this? What's this? What's this? What's this? What's this? Oops, gotta pee. What's this? What's this? What's this? What's this? What's this? What's this?

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Yesterday I parked way out at the end of the parking lot while stopping at the vape store. After I came out from buying my new monster box mod to blow sick clouds I look out and see that a huge thick fog had settled in the parking lot where my car was parked. I thought to myself "ok, that's weird." So I walked out to my car. As I get closer I notice about 40 or 80 other cars parked next to mine, and the ever so sweet aroma of berries, sweet coffee, menthol, and a bunch of other weird fruit flavors have filled the air. As I get even closer I realize that the mob of cars parked next to mine were all other WRX's and STI's and the fog was actually vapor!

Just saying hi I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The fruiberryKiwistrawberryhoneysucklelimechocolatemist was mine. I was the one wearing the monster energy hat with the straight bill in the red WRX with "SUBARU" written in huge letters across my windshield. I waved and chirped my blow off valve at you a few times, but you never looked over. Thanks, Douche.

· Registered
2,100 Posts
The fruiberryKiwistrawberryhoneysucklelimechocolatemist was mine. I was the one wearing the monster energy hat with the straight bill in the red WRX with "SUBARU" written in huge letters across my windshield. I waved and chirped my blow off valve at you a few times, but you never looked over. Thanks, Douche.
If you like fruiberryKiwistrawberryhoneysucklelimechocolatemist.. try frankenberrybooberrycountchoculasmorespoptartsnickerdoodletoasterstrudelmist! Your mind will be blown!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.