Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Subaru WRX Hatch 5 speed with only mods being a down-pipe and Perrin exhaust, Short throw, pro tuned by Infamous tuning to 16.5 Target Boost.
At 10-30% throttle in 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd gear only, between 1500-3000 rpm this sound is produced: https://youtu.be/7DVLdtxAYio
It is random and does not happen every time I pull away under light throttle.
However, if the sound does begin to happen, simply increasing throttle makes it go away, or pulling off the throttle and applying again also alleviates it.
I have gone through everything I can think of. Stock BPV, all compressed and vacuum air connections, all line in and out of the intercooler, even new belts.
Anyone with any wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engaging and disengaging the clutch does nothing. The car at idle, clutch in and out and at every other position makes no noise at all, only when actually driving under light load. For example, if I start to hear the sound while driving and engage the clutch while rolling the sound will die with the rpms, not as soon as the clutch is engaged. Lifting off the throttle however, will immediately stop the sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.