ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently had a family reunion near Duluth, MN (Two Harbors, actually). I drove my rex from Colorado, and my brother drove his brand new R32 from Florida. We had to get some pix while we were together. That's Lake Superior in the background.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I was also going to ask... who's is the fastAR?

-tp

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's about a coin flip right now. I've only got a cat-back and he's still stock. It's pretty much whoever got the better launch took it. If I bogged in first, I was toast, but if I got a good launch I had him for about a half-car length. Neither of us really pulled once we got going.

I've got my up/down pipes that I need to put on, and after that I'll definately be teh fastAr!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Did you trade places as well? If so, how'd you like it?

-tp

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I loved it! Driving it is a dream compared to my Rex, especially the transmission. It's 6 speed is smooth as silk. Of course I would take him when I drove the R because he couldn't shift my ride as well as I can. It definitely takes some practice to drive our cars fast.

And I loved all the power down low. There's no waiting for the turbo to spool, so it's just easier to drive fast even if you aren't in the right gear.

I didn't care for the seats very much, though. They are very heavily bolstered on the sides, and I had a tough time getting comfortable in them. My WRX seats are about as bolstered as I like. It doesn't help that I'm not the skinniest person out there either, though. For a skinny guy (which my brother is) they would be nice and supportive.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
The rims on the R32 look huge compared to stockers :eek:
Slick50 on here just got a GTI, and we've gone on a couple twistie cruises. He can keep up, no problem...in fact he's been the leader the last few times :eek:

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Those are some nice looking cars and pictures.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Nice pictures.. btw how as was the reunion ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
The r32 is a sweet car. I really wanted one, but once you realize that the base price tag is something round $30, you start to think. The R32 is great looking and its suspension is superior, however, with a few mods a wrx could smash the r32. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
60 Posts
the sound of those R32's in stock form is mouthwatering :wiggles:

·
Registered
60 Posts
bleach white would clean them wheels up real nice :) easy too:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mr_Ginzo said:
the R32 isn't a VR6 its a 3.2L V6 same motor in the new audi TT's 240HP. no idea on the torque.
241HP/236TQ also its has a 11.3:1 compression ratio versus old 2.8L VR6 with a 10.6:1 compression.

The R32's kool and the gang but its wayyy late to the market...if this car had come out 3yrs ago. Audi is going to release an A3 in the states here shortly...similar to the GTi but it too was a car that's late to the N.A. area.

(I'm an ex-VW owner but I just sold my Corrado and defected to the darkside :cool: )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts