ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 wonderful years and 60,000 miles.. and the end of my warranty I decided to trade my WRX CVT in for a nice down payment on a GOLF R DSG. My car is a daily driver, 4 days a week I drive nearly 95 miles round trip and I live in the northeast. I don't race but I enjoy being able to merge fast and drive in all conditions. I decided on the Golf R because this is the last year before a 2 or 3 year wait for it to return to the US, and this is a "bucket list" car for me, as the WRX was as well. In addition the WRX CVT had one issue its CVT. It is horrible and the car is really only drive able in S# sharp. Beyond this the WRX was the best car I have ever owned and sadly i cannot afford two cars.. if I could I would keep it, even out of warranty.

Has anyone else made the change from a WRX to a Golf R? What were the things you missed?

I take pickup in a few days and I am a little nervous.

Anyways, I enjoy these forums and hopefully will still be allowed to visit even without being a WRX owner in a few days.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
What's there to be nervous about? The Golf R is a superior performer to the WRX and the fit and finish of the interior of the WRX doesn't even compare. Enjoy your new car and congrats.

·
Super Modulator
19,424 Posts
Golf R makes a great daily driver.

You'll appreciate the additional performance and economy. The only downside to the Golf R is the astronomical price tag, but the upshot is the resale market is incredible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts