ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First hi to all... i'm fresh around here :) I come from Slovenia and i'm a fresh owner of a 2002 WRX wagon! It has 90000 miles on it.

...But already with problems ouch:mad:

Yesterday and made a full service and start changing the gearbox oil and damn i got myself a nice surprise. I found metal bits on the magnetic plug of the gearbox!
I know that normally there are smaller bits/shavings and so...but this ones look a little to big to me. Let me first tell that the gearbox runs very good! No grinding, whinning, crunching... Please if someone advise me a little on this one. I think this are bit of a bearing...

I flushed the gear with cheap oil, went for a drive and changed the oil again, but there were no pieces anymore...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yeah those chucks are pretty big. If the car feels good and you saw no more chunks I would not worry too much at the moment. Stay on top of the issue though. Get that cheap oil out and replace with some good stuff. I like Subaru Extra-S. Maybe check it again in a few hundred miles. I think you will be ok though.

Post some pics of your car. I have never been to Slovenia but hope to visit it sooner or later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah those chucks are pretty big. If the car feels good and you saw no more chunks I would not worry too much at the moment. Stay on top of the issue though. Get that cheap oil out and replace with some good stuff. I like Subaru Extra-S. Maybe check it again in a few hundred miles. I think you will be ok though.

Post some pics of your car. I have never been to Slovenia but hope to visit it sooner or later.
It's a nice little country for visiting indeed. If you decide for a visit, drop me a PM :)

OK after a bunch of reading, looking at diagrams, searching through tons of forums and threads i think i got somewhere. I couldnt figure what was the origin of these pieces, becouse if they were from a gear they wouldn't look like bent sheet metal or if they were from a synchro, they would be probably bronze :).

I got my eyes opened(at least a bit) from this two threads:
NASIOC is down for Maintenance
NASIOC is down for Maintenance

I think its this part:

I'm trying to find out the part number yet.

I will probably borrow an endoscopic camera, drain the oil and hopefully confirm my theory.

P.S
I will present my car in the correct forum of course :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts