ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from work today I got pulled over and was issued a written warning ticket. I was taking a turn at the posted speed limit but my RE-92s are nearing bald so the squeeled a little bit and just as this happened a cop was coming the other way. Needless to say I was pulled over. I explained what happened to him and thankfully he just gave me a written warning. My question is what exactly is a written warning? Will my insurance know about it? If I get pulled over again (only first time and i'm 22) will other cops be able to see that in their computer system? What does it mean exactly?

P.S. I will now be buying new tires sooner than later.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It depends on the police department. Some have an in-house database that they can access to see if you have been warned before and how many times. Others may just file it away for future reference. I have never heard of a warning ticket having any effect on your insurance. It's pretty much a verbal warning in writing. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sticking with the stock wheels. I'll be buying an STi in ~1.5 years and will want the stock STi wheels so I don't want to waste my money on them for the WRX. I can fit 225/50s on the stock rims right? Also, being in Central PA I'm unsure of what kind of tires I want. High performance all-seasons or just high performance. I see a lot of cars with high performance year round. Hmm

·
Registered
218 Posts
The RE 92s make a ton of noise. I have a vid of me doing an autocross and you can here my tires from across the course over the exhaust and tires of the car real close to the camera. 225/50/16 will fit fine that is what I am running. As for tires I myself am running Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3. I don't think I would reccomend them for PA. I might consider Nitto 455, maybe Goodridge G-force, or ContiContacts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I live in Iowa, and I am planning on getting new tires before next winter, and from hearing around on the site, I hear that the Continental ContiExtreme Contacts are very nice all season performance tires for not a lot of money. I believe they are around $80/tire. I think that is what I am leaning towards, unless I can find a better tire for around the same amount of money.
Good luck on the tires!!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
what i don't understand is why the RE92s suck so bad... i see nothing but potenzas on all sports cars these days... enzo and a bunch of others that i can't remember right now because i'm kinda tired...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts