ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a wrb wrx at the Sunoco in Warren RI Sunday night 9-8 was wondering if it was anyone from here. i think i remember it having gold rota subzero's and the STi sticker on the drivers side door.

·
539 Posts
What the heck are you doing in little ol Warren? I'm thinking either family or Roger Williams. :)

Ask on the New England forum of the I-Club. It could have been either Eric (JoeBlogz23) or Ray (rkkwan). (Make sure you put it in the spotted thread at the top or you'll be dragged over hot coals. :)

--KC
(Born, raised and lived in Warren for 29 years) Now lives 2 towns over.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep you got it, i was visiting my girlfriend who goes to school at Roger Williams. I checked i-club out and its definitely JoeBloggz23's WRX i saw. very sweet looking wrx. Ive seen a lot more WRX's up there then around here.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Yep, there are definitely a number of WRX's up there. People don't seem to mod them in RI like they do in NYC though.

Did you ever wonder why Warren (the slow little brother) in There's Something About Mary was named Warren? Hmmm. Could it be that (well I can say this because I grew up in RI), there's a certain generalization about the people from that town?

Nothin' wrong with Bristol though!

·
539 Posts
Bask... I thought I was the only one in the whole Theater that laughed my butt off when he walked on screen with the 'Warren' jacket. Like I was the only one to get the joke.

If you noticed, it was maroon with white lettering. It wasn't just a coincidence with that. Maroon and white WAS Warren High's colors. (Warren school for the high hasn't been in existence for many years now since they merged HS with Bristol to become Mt. Hope High)

The other part of the joke is that CUMBERLAND high was in the same devision as Warren.

Also, they were talking about Borington at the time, then in comes Warren. The triple play at that one time did fly over the heads of many of the people in the audience. It was totally a local joke to those that got it. I thought it was hysterical and genious.

Ya see, Warren is the middle town between a labor community (Bristol) and a White Collar community (Borington). Strangly, Warren kidsd got along with both Bristol and Borington kids. But Bristol and Borington??? Never. We kept the peace between the two.

Where are you from in RI?

And about modding, I'm in Somerset now, only 2 towns over. You can see my car here: http://www.rallydecals.com/rallydecals/kccar

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Wasn't Woogie the rich kid? Aren't all of the stupid rich kids from Barrington? Wasn't Woogie from Barrington?

I think I've caught every RI joke in every Farrelly Brothers movie. I especially love when they throw in Cerrone Brothers commercials on TV.

I grew up in Portsmouth.

By the way, nice silver wagon...reminds me of my own!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts