ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Bleh, looks like a bloated Matrix or something.

SOA, if you're listening, stick to the fundamentally good things about the Impreza/Legacy/Forester and don't make bloated, blunted, compromised couches on wheels. I'd hate to see the awe of Subaru performance and engineering go away in the near future!

·
Registered
66 Posts
No frameless windows on the Tribeca...

By looking closely at the spy photos now available, it's obvious that the Tribeca doesn't have frameless windows like other Subaru's. According to articles I've read with Subaru engineers, Subaru has always gone with frameless designs in the past in order to make a beefier roof cross member for better occupant safety and crash worthiness. Also, roofs & windshields feature channels to divert water from sheeting down over the frameless side windows thereby improving driver vision. The result has indeed been excellent crash results. Many owners have commented about the hollow, cheap sounding/feeling doors with frameless windows. I've never had a problem with wind noise or leaks and Subaru's design is light years better than my previous car, first gen Neon, that also had frameless windows.

I wonder if abandoning the frameless windows is a sign of things to come with the new Impreza redesign or if this is Saab's influence on the design of this shared platform?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I agree the back is kind of 350Z ish, but he front is very ugly. What is with the front ends of these new things? :confused1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts