ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5487712/?GT1=4244

NEW YORK - The U.S. Army has long lured recruits with the slogan “Be All You Can Be,” but now soldiers and their families can receive plastic surgery, including breast enlargements, on the taxpayers’ dime.

The New Yorker magazine reports in its July 26th edition that members of all four branches of the U.S. military can get face-lifts, breast enlargements, liposuction and nose jobs for free -- something the military says helps surgeons practice their skills.

“Anyone wearing a uniform is eligible,” Dr. Bob Lyons, chief of plastic surgery at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio told the magazine, which said soldiers needed the approval of their commanding officers to get the time off.

Between 2000 and 2003, military doctors performed 496 breast enlargements and 1,361 liposuction surgeries on soldiers and their dependents, the magazine said.

The magazine quoted an Army spokeswoman as saying, “the surgeons have to have someone to practice on.”
Copyright 2004 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
makes sense. i'm not sure why this is becoming such a big deal (it was on the news too)

it's a great way to keep the surgeons in good practice. would you really want a surgeon who hasn't handled a scalpel in 4 months cutting you open?

dR

·
Registered
267 Posts
I just had a discussion about this with my GF last night...who is in the army....

It seems like they should be "practicing" on prisoners, not soldiers.
I just meant like prison prisoners, but now that I type it out I'm thinking POWs might be good guinea pigs.
Capture some Iraqis and throw a nice set of tits on them.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
BarbieJeep said:
I am sure there are more constructive ways those surgeons could get thier practice in....

I don't really want my tax dollars sittin on some chicks chest... I'd rather my tax dollars be sittin in my chest
your tax dollars are being spent either way.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I don't see the big deal really.... it's not like they are paying civilian docs to do it... the plastic surgeons need something to learn on. Would you rather they get paid to just read about it and practice on pigs?

But no.. I will not be signing up for service just to get my wife a boob job :)

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
although i agree that surgeons need to stay in practice.... i dont believe this is the proper way.... all it is is more propaganda for the military to get kids to sign up.

a good boob job can cost thousands of dollars these days, and lipo can be 10's of thousands... this is just another way for the army to get recruits.... keeping surgeons in practice MY ASS! in the last 4 years boob jobs and other plastic surgery has gone up 33% among people under 25 years old.
the military just saw a trend and are now trying to run with it... they need to offer incentive... so that way when they die for a pointless cause atleast their t!ts & waistline looked nice in the casket.

surgeons are needed everywhere... and there are plenty of soldiers hurt in iraq that could use a plastic surgeon. the medical field will always need school.... residency and med-school is where you learn how to do it...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know you've seen worse threads. my former captains' wife (a leutenant) got a boob job a few years ago. he paid for it, then she divorced him. I know he would aprove any female in my company for new boobs, given the option.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Stumbo said:
You guys act like the people in the military arnt tax payers or somthing....

Fine with me, I think people who are willing to die for the love of there country have earned it.
problem is that most of them wont die for the love of the country. they will join up, do non-active duty work, never get called into battle, but hey.....

yet they are getting paid by the military, get school for free, and now get a $4,000 boob job and more for free.....

:confused1:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts