ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car tuned a while back. There is a chance it was tuned while i had a tiny vacuum leak (leak was small enough that i could not notice it on my boost/vacuum gauge) coming from the hose connected to the BOV.

I fixed the leak and am wondering if I would need a retune. The car runs great and boosts to the same PSI.

What are your opinions on this? re-tune costs $350 :(

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Your BOV hoses don't have anything to do with boost pressure regulation, aside from the actuation of the BOV of course. You can double check by datalogging if you're REALLY worried about it, but I highly doubt it made any difference. If anything it would have fixed something...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
If it was a bad enough leak and you used a good tuner they would have noticed it and addressed it. Since that didn't happen i highly doubt it was large enough to need addressed. As said, if the car starts running odd or you are really worried do some datalogging. If there is an issue I highly doubt the tuner would charge the full price of a tune to slightly tweak a few things

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
cummlns said:
What would I need to log data, I don't have an AP.
Windows Laptop
Tactrix Cable
Romraider (Free Software)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will the data log show me the correct air to fuel ratio?

Or would I need to buy a wideband air/fuel gauge?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
cummlns said:
Will the data log show me the correct air to fuel ratio?

Or would I need to buy a wideband air/fuel gauge?
At idle and cruse? Yes. At WOT? You'd need a WBO2.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts