Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nomination for worst rice ever... I was driving into work this morning down I-565 in Huntsville, AL, and just as I was about to get off, I saw what I'm pretty sure was a Honda Insight. I say pretty sure, because it was so riced out that it was hard to recognize. However, I did catch the word "Hybrid" on the back. So either it was an Insight, or it was a CRX and the "Hybrid" wording was just part of the rice. It was hard to say for sure, because the tail lights had been replaced, the hood had been replaced, and there was a wing the size of a Montana on the back.

So I'm thinking that even with the electric motor assisting it, I still don't see how you could possibly coax more than about 200 hp out of the little THREE CYLINDER engine in an Insight (I'm making an extremely generous WAG here, since I know just enough about engine tuning to know that I don't really know anything about it).

Anybody know one that tops this?

Then again, I'm not sure I want to know if you do...

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
That is pretty hard to beat. But I did see a Honda Odyssey minivan rice out on 280S on my way to my lady's house.

It was blue, lowered, had a body kit, large wheels(couldn't tell the size), had a fart can muffler, and to top it off, had a huge spoiler coming off the back of the hatch. I almost crashed I was laughing so hard.

A minivan ricer:rolleyes: WHY????

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I drive an Odyssey sometimes :D
If it looked like that...more power to me!

LOL

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
WRX>MUSTANG said:
I saw a mustang with a big wind shield banner that said VTEC

:mad: where did you hide the body???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ive seen some bad ones... here in orlando they are pretty bad too many to list. when i get my dig camera ill start snappin some pics for ya all

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WRX>MUSTANG said:
I saw a mustang with a big wind shield banner that said VTEC
That's pretty bad, but I still don't think it beats the Insight.

Pretty much the only advantage I can see to starting from an Insight/CRX is that the body weighs about as much as a macaroni noodle. Of course, once you add big old honkin' wings and new hoods to it, I think you take away even that advantage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts