ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was up early to go to the dealership for an oil change. I have a wedding out of state and I like to have my WRX all clean and topped off before I go on trips.
And I live by a middle school, mind you I don't get up this early ever, it was just the openings the service dept had.
Well I was pulling out on to the main road, once I saw that the school bus was pulling in. And some lady in a car swung around to pass the bus and swiped my whole front end. And I'm at fault because I didn't see her passing a school bus.
Fine, I'm beating myself up enough, my moms beating me up for even using that street at 8am.
But worst of all, my girl is now in a body shop.

She was still running, and I was able to get her off the street. Had it flatbed to the shop.
Im crossing my fingers there isn't anyhting mechanically screwed up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ohhh maaann...glad to hear you are ok.. but sorry bout your car. that is the worst way to start your day.hope everything works at well.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
That really sux man!

Though, I have a hard time seeing how someone swinging around a schoolbus (like an *******) could be your fault. Either way, that really sux!

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
That really doesn't look THAT bad. New quarter, new bumper cover, new passenger side headlight and you should be back up and running in no time :)

·
Æternum
20,598 Posts
Yikes. It could have been much worse. You walked away from it and that's a very good thing.

On another note, what do you do that you're never up before 8 AM?? :confused:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Yeah, that is a ****ty situation.

Unfortunately, the laws will say that you didn't yield to her as you were making the turn. Sucks big time...did you get any tickets or anything for it?

Bottom line is, you or nobody else was hurt.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That hurts to see! Sorry man that really blows! Glad you're alright. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a ticket for "failing to yield - pd accident"
So now any money I had saved up to put into the car is now paying the deductible and that ticket.
The frame on the bottom where the ac condenser and radiator are, is a little bent up, and the bumper brace definitely.
And the headlight and bumper cover.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sorry to hear man. Look at it this way, it could of been a whole lot worse and you walked away injury free. Looks bad, but not horrible. If you find a good shop, I'm sure they will do a great job and get you back into a new looking rex in no time.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
There is another massive plus here.....you got rid of 'soft' Subaru paint in the front.....and depending, they might 'have to' (wink wink) respray the entire front clip.

·
turbo juice
112 Posts
thats sucks good to hear your ok... i was side swiped by a bid rig about 2 years ago in my dodge truck....totaled. so at least you walked away thank goodness!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
This makes me sad :/

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Bummer man, I had something similar happen to me, only reversed (I was the one driving around a parked car in my case). The guy pulling out was a fault then too, but didn't get a ticket.

Glad you were ok, and the front clip will be fixed and looking better than it was before you know it!

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Not wanting to side-track this thread....but if you are going to get a skid-plate, I think the GTSpec one is much better....it is anodized to not corrode, vented to increase cooling, and has a small plate you open to change the oil.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts