Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
They have been fast for some time now

Yup, they have been turning some good numbers for about 6 months now.

There was some debate on the issue of is it an EJ20 or an EJ20 - stroker.

I think it is a little unfair for the magazine to bill it as an EJ20 and bury the fact that it is stroked deep in the article. But that is more an issue of editorial ethics.

I know Ali has always been up front about the engine not being a 2.0 L dispacement but has never characterized how big it is to my knowledge.

It has raised a flag for some people that the increased displacment should be more prominently mentioned when they give the performance numbers so folks who only glance at the article don't get the impression they ran those times on the stock displacement.

There should be several subies running 10's and maybe a high 9 or two this spring from the sounds of things.

Larry

·
Registered
416 Posts
10.57 in the 1/4 with a 1.88 60ft. Doesn't it seem that they may be able to improve the 60ft just a tad?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I thought it was only stroked to a 2.2....anyway, it's still f'ing quick.

·
Registered
181 Posts
campbell said:
10.57 in the 1/4 with a 1.88 60ft. Doesn't it seem that they may be able to improve the 60ft just a tad?
Well, I thought with a turbo that big, it maybe not fully spooled in first gear. I could be wrong.
-soul

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well the 1.88 60' is probably also due to the fact that 740hp is gonna create crazy wheel-spin even with the G-Force KD's. Also I think the article in Turbo mentioned that they would be uprgrading to an automatic transmission to better put that power to the ground and improve launches etc.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Schaf100 said:
Well the 1.88 60' is probably also due to the fact that 740hp is gonna create crazy wheel-spin even with the G-Force KD's. Also I think the article in Turbo mentioned that they would be uprgrading to an automatic transmission to better put that power to the ground and improve launches etc.
Actually it had very minimal wheel spin, according to the article. He was going for a better 60' time on his next run, and he was gonna use the Nitrous, but he didn't load the clutch properly and broke both drivelines on the launch. That's why he's going with an auto, because of the clutch loading issues with that kind of power. *Sigh* Makes me happy to have an auto, knowing that I could hold more power than you stick peeps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts